Concure I’m back corner on the bottom of the cage all of a sudden

Torrencebrkr

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Two cockatiels, one sun concure
Hi, I have had my sun concure Zazu for about 2 weeks now. He’s 3 months old and all of a sudden is in the back corner of the cage. He lunged and hissed at me when I went to fix one of his toys that he dropped and when I changed his water. He’s extremely friendly towards me and has never done that before today. He’s eating and no abnormal colors or consistency in his fecal matter. I just want to make sure it’s nothing to worry about.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hopefully just spooked by falling toy?
But if staying on bottom of cage try to get vet tomorrow

OP
T

Torrencebrkr

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Hopefully just spooked by falling toy?
But if staying on bottom of cage try to get vet tomorrow
I’m hoping that’s the case he now has fallen asleep at the bottom of the cage. I saw another thread about how it’s typical with concures, I’m going to be keeping a close eye on him tomorrow since the closest avian vet near me is out of town and he’s eating and pooping normally.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Definitely!
For the future a great tool is a digital kitchen scale set to grams weigh weekly and log. Probably hasn't reached full adult weight yet up to 2yrs. But in drop in weight greater than 4% body mass even when no symptoms get them checked by a vet as most times they drop weight with health issues and when caught early by weight loss its easier to treat and savev them. Because by the time you have sick burds symptoms they are very sick and likely bern sick for awhile.

OP
T

Torrencebrkr

Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Definitely!
For the future a great tool is a digital kitchen scale set to grams weigh weekly and log. Probably hasn't reached full adult weight yet up to 2yrs. But in drop in weight greater than 4% body mass even when no symptoms get them checked by a vet as most times they drop weight with health issues and when caught early by weight loss its easier to treat and savev them. Because by the time you have sick burds symptoms they are very sick and likely bern sick for awhile.
Okay! Thank you for the advice I will be getting one soon then.

Most Reactions