Considering a new bird..

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Hi :)
Before Tiki’s loss i was planning on getting another (mainly a cockatiel) byt ever since Tiki died I decided to look into other species..
I fell inlove with indian ring necks and thats what im planning to get (after a year or so)
But then i see quackers and i just love them so much as well
I also want to give gcc a shot
Which species thinks suits me most?-
Noise isnt a problem and I dont want a very clingy bird
I was also planning on free flight
Talking isnt important but i love the voices of an irn that squeaky voice just kills me

Miles

Dec 16, 2021
Media
Virginia, USA
Parrots
Miles, Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure
Conure's out cuz they're suuuuper clingy... at least Miles is. Quakers can be too I've heard. I'd venture to guess that IRN is the bird for you. That voice gets me too, and I would love to have an IRN someday!

OP
Zoruace

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Conure's out cuz they're suuuuper clingy... at least Miles is. Quakers can be too I've heard. I'd venture to guess that IRN is the bird for you. That voice gets me too, and I would love to have an IRN someday!
Ive had a conure before (sunnie) she wasn’t the clingiest but she sure was clingy!
I honestly never heard of a quacker being extremely clingy
I shoukd probably do more research

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
If you didn't mind the shouting of a sun conure, then perhaps an IRN could be okay, but keep in mind they can be a pain in the butt to tame and train. IRNs can be quite independent compared to conures, but honestly just the fact they can be very hard to tame and being VERY loud birds are a huge minus for me. Had an IRN all my life, not a species I would ever pick up again due to my sensitive hearing.

I cannot tell much about quakers as I never had one, closest I've been is seeing a sleepy blue fluff in the pet store (STILL waiting for the answer from the inspection.... Seems my mail will fall to deaf ears..)

Also try to give yourself some time before jumping in and getting a new bird, especially a different species you're not familiar with.

OP
Zoruace

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Ok so an irn it is?
I will spend atleast a year on research before getting any new bird but thanks to everyone for their replies :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Just-research. Don’t stop. This is a huge commitment and you have to be sure of it forever. Even if it won’t actually be forever.

Most Reactions

Latest posts