conure acting weird

Quetki

Sep 23, 2022
Canada, Alberta
Parrots
Violet Green Cheeked Conure
I was cuddling with my Conure and he started to fluff up LIKE REALLY BIG. Biggest I've ever seen and he was bopping his head a lot. No food was puked up though. and he kept turning himself over I am wondering if this is something to do with hormones. He hasn't rubbed his butt up against me or anything or shown signs of hormones. It almost looked like he was humping when he was all fluffy. I might've seen it wrong it was only a glimpse. He does it only when up against my face. I try not to pet him, but he might take it the wrong way when he cuddles on my face cause I will touch him with my nose. I've noticed the head-bopping thing too before as well when he is on my knee or somewhere else. read up on it and they said he wants attention. Never thought about it again. I am wondering if he's trying to regurgitate.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think he was excited and getting ready to feed you.

Regurging isnā€™t a Bad thing but can lead to more ā€œfeelingsā€ or aggression. I prefer my birds donā€™t barf on me so if someone is getting really fluffy and head bobbing I usually put them down in their cage or on a perch.

Itā€™s not a punishment, itā€™s just saying ā€œI am not interested in your gift of food and affection right nowā€. Because a frustrated or confused bird can bite and I donā€™t want my birds frustrated or confused.

OP
Quetki

Quetki

Sep 23, 2022
Canada, Alberta
Parrots
Violet Green Cheeked Conure
I think he was excited and getting ready to feed you.

Regurging isnā€™t a Bad thing but can lead to more ā€œfeelingsā€ or aggression. I prefer my birds donā€™t barf on me so if someone is getting really fluffy and head bobbing I usually put them down in their cage or on a perch.

Itā€™s not a punishment, itā€™s just saying ā€œI am not interested in your gift of food and affection right nowā€. Because a frustrated or confused bird can bite and I donā€™t want my birds frustrated or confused.
that's amazing! It's so cool to know my bird has such a deep affection for me that it wants to feed me.šŸ˜‚

Most Reactions

Latest posts