Conure behavior issues

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
My Pearly conure (just under a year and a half old) has recently had a rather drastic change in his behavior, I'm not positive but if I had to guess its probably been happening for around a month or two now. Until recently he was unable to fly (His wings were clipped before I got him) and when he was in his cage he would either play with his toys or just sit there and chirp and talk, occasionally If he had a rough night prior and he was trying to nap while I was being loud he would scream until I shut up, I try to let him out of his cage as much as possible. Recently he has stopped playing with his toys or really anything in his cage, he just stands on the door and screams until I let him out. His cage is pretty large ( I bought it from a bird rescue and the staff told me it was big enough for two conures, how accurate that is I'm not sure ) I've tried just ignoring it but he just persists. Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there any way I can get him to stop screaming.

Im not sure if he's always done this, and Ive just never noticed or if this is a new thing, but I've noticed that my conure wont poop if he's alone. Its not just if I'm not there, If anyone is in there he'll poop. I work a full time job, but usually will come home for lunch, and when I come to see him within minutes hell take a rather large poop. He isn't potty trained, and he also has no issues with pooping in his cage if someone's in there with him. Should I be worried about this? Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

I'm taking him to the vet next week, I'm going to bring this up with her, I was just wondering If anyone had any advice.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Maybe your conure naps when you’re gone and when you come home he does a “morning poop”?

As far as screaming, I am not sure. I had a gcc who would get so worked up sometimes he would scream or bite. It seemed like he just needed to calm down. I would put him back in his cage and talk quietly to him until he calmed down and started making little friendly noises. I don’t know if that would help.

Most Reactions