Conure finally on chop/mash

barw33zy

Sep 13, 2011
Parrots
Sonny Sun Conure
Its been over 10 years (and a few years since my last posting) with my sun conure and his hilariously messy pickiness! I finally got him on a chop/mash of Brown rice, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, quinoa, chickpeas/garbanzo beans, etc. I make it a little different each time but this time I think adding the quinoa was the difference. It took a couple weeks adding it in a separate dish from his pellets. I think he just tossed all his extra pellets one day and was hungry/curious enough to check it out. Now I feed him the chop at the same time as his pellets and after a month or two hes started going to the chop FIRST!

Just wanted to stop by and give some encouragement to anyone who is currently unsuccessful at feeding veggies. Keep at it! Their curiosity will eventually get the best of them haha!

OP
barw33zy

barw33zy

Sep 13, 2011
Parrots
Sonny Sun Conure
Congratulations!!!@ well done and sounds amazing!!!
Pictures!!!
And stick around!
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--553006314.jpeg

Here's the big guy eating "French fries" with one of the budgies we adopted from a local family after the covid teleworking bird crash... A lot of homes couldn't handle the noise and this bonded pair are louder than my sun! I love it though the house is never quiet, and my sun doesn't screech much anyway cuz he's been a happy camper for many years :) chirpity chirp chirp all day

Most Reactions

Latest posts