conure first molt

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
about when do green cheeks have their first molt? Aster is nearing a year old and has yet to molt. The breeder clipped her wings before sending her home with me unfortunately. thankfully it was a proper clip so she can still fly...ish. she doesnt get much lift but she can glide safely to the ground. I want my baby to be able to fly :(

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I brought Phoenix (Sun Conure) home in the middle of July if I remember right. His first molt wasn't till the fall molt around October. He was back to flying form early February.

Solanyx

Aug 21, 2021
Parrots
female Sun Conure
It took my Sun about/a little over a year to properly fly after I got her. I got her May of last year and she's been flying for about 2/3 months now I think. So it very well may happen soon. Before she could fly I noticed that there was one or two long flight feathers on her wing that had come before all of them grew in. Do you see anything like that if your bird allows you to touch their wings?

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Funny this is getting attention now. Aster has started to lose some feathers and grow in pins so I think it's time. It's not as explosive as Apollo's molts are so I'm still not as sure xD

Most Reactions

Latest posts