Conure - Food?

Caitnah

Mar 24, 2018
Upstate New York
Parrots
GCC Pineapple
My Pineapple is 5 years old. His diet consists of a bowl of fresh snap peas, carrots, apple & celery 2x a day. Apple used to be is favorite until he had snap peas. He loves attacking the peas and chewing out the seeds.
He also gets a fortified seed mixture WITHOUT sunflower seeds. He also loves fresh raw nuts and sometimes he will eat pellets. I have tried many other fruits/vegs with some success.
I have made homemade birdie bread which he doesnā€™t care for. Momma bread he liked somewhat but itā€™s expensive.
My ā€œproblemā€ is that I feel bad for him that he gets the same food every day. I have tried chop and mash but he doesnā€™t really care for it. Iā€™ve also have given him sprouts with hit/miss results.

Opinions? Maybe heā€™s happy day in and day out with the same food?
Just want him to be happy.

Last edited:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My Pineapple is 5 years old. His diet consists of a bowl of fresh snap peas, carrots, apple & celery 2x a day. Apple used to be is favorite until he had snap peas. He loves attacking the peas and chewing out the seeds.
He also gets a fortified seed mixture WITHOUT sunflower seeds. He also loves fresh raw nuts and sometimes he will eat pellets. I have tried many other fruits/vegs with some success.
I have made homemade birdie bread which he doesnā€™t care for. Momma bread he liked somewhat but itā€™s expensive.
My ā€œproblemā€ is that I feel bad for him that he gets the same food every day. I have tried chop and mash but he doesnā€™t really care for it. Iā€™ve also have given him sprouts with hit/miss results.

Opinions? Maybe heā€™s happy day in and day out with the same food?
Just want him to be happy.
Dogs and cats are usually fed the same food every day and they don't seem unhappy about it. If your conure likes it and it's healthy I wouldn't worry about it but I would continue to try to expand their diet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts