May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Iโ€™m looking for a conure in the Jacksonville/st Augustine area of Florida. Any kind of the smaller conure
Look on PetFinder, craigslist, and look into rescues near you.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Any updates on Roman your gcc? Love to see a picture!

And the 4 rescue budgies ? How are they?

If you are planning to add another its a good idea to quarantine the new one to make sure you dont bring anything into your flock.

And to remember they may not get along. A slow introduction has worked best for me. But they will need separate cages.

OP
I

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
Any updates on Roman your gcc? Love to see a picture!

And the 4 rescue budgies ? How are they?

If you are planning to add another its a good idea to quarantine the new one to make sure you dont bring anything into your flock.

And to remember they may not get along. A slow introduction has worked best for me. But they will need separate cages.
Roman is doing great! The budgies have been taken in by a 501c rescue and are currently with a great foster! I have the second cage set up already but the two people I was in contact with were actually trying to scam me, currently the rescues that are adopting out donโ€™t have any conures and theres a green cheek on Craigslist that seems super sweet but is being rehomed because since it turned 1 it became highly aggressive, which unfortunately wouldnโ€™t work for my family because I have siblings who are still somewhat young, and while they donโ€™t spend a ton of time with Roman, it just wouldnโ€™t be safe for them.

Attachments

• E7BF4D79-30E2-45E3-923E-7D1428839BBB.jpeg
    E7BF4D79-30E2-45E3-923E-7D1428839BBB.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 3B899132-447E-4CAD-8774-3D947F06F402.jpeg
    3B899132-447E-4CAD-8774-3D947F06F402.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 68
  • ED99DC97-EDE2-4FEA-97A0-1835A552739E.jpeg
    ED99DC97-EDE2-4FEA-97A0-1835A552739E.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 79

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Roman is doing great! The budgies have been taken in by a 501c rescue and are currently with a great foster! I have the second cage set up already but the two people I was in contact with were actually trying to scam me, currently the rescues that are adopting out donโ€™t have any conures and theres a green cheek on Craigslist that seems super sweet but is being rehomed because since it turned 1 it became highly aggressive, which unfortunately wouldnโ€™t work for my family because I have siblings who are still somewhat young, and while they donโ€™t spend a ton of time with Roman, it just wouldnโ€™t be safe for them.
May I ask why the budgies needed to be rehomed?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What a nice update! Glad you were able to help get the budgies out of a bad situation and into a good one!!

Look at Roman and his wonderful set up . โค

I don't like the black edges on the feathers. Whats his duet like?

OP
I

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
What a nice update! Glad you were able to help get the budgies out of a bad situation and into a good one!!

Look at Roman and his wonderful set up . โค

I don't like the black edges on the feathers. Whats his duet like?
He eats zupreem fruity pellets mostly, and fruits and veggies when we can afford them. Heโ€™s molting right now and most of his new feathers donโ€™t have the black edges, itโ€™s his first molt with me and Iโ€™m not sure what his diet was like before

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Glad to hear that new feathers are improved!

Most recommendations are fruit should only be 10% of diet, and deep color like berries, with grapes only very rarely as a treat. Veggies and lettuces like romaine you can offer more of.

Keep us updated on your search

Most Reactions

Latest posts