Conure won’t poop in cage

reeferguy3303

Oct 19, 2021
Parrots
Yellow sided gcc
Hello. So I’ve found multiple threads on this but led me to potty training but then potty training led me to read about how it’s could be dangerous to a conures health
So my conure has not been pooping in his cage. Just happened in the post two days out of the nowhere, never taught him to do that. How does one fix that ?
May not seem like a big deal but some days I leave the house at 6am and don’t come home till 7-8pm

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I've never heard of this . Cod you put him in a different cage or is it all cages? Are you sure it's not health related? Hopeful l y someone with more experience will chime in

Skarila

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I've never heard of this . Cod you put him in a different cage or is it all cages? Are you sure it's not health related? Hopeful l y someone with more experience will chime in
Our Sennie is just about the same, she will litteraly hold if she's in the cage and very rarely let it out there... She is free 95% of the time.

My conure is an oposite - seems he will try to aim to do it in the cage, even while free sitting on the door of the cage. I unpuposely trained him to do it there, it seems.

OP
R

reeferguy3303

Oct 19, 2021
Parrots
Yellow sided gcc
Our Sennie is just about the same, she will litteraly hold if she's in the cage and very rarely let it out there... She is free 95% of the time.

My conure is an oposite - seems he will try to aim to do it in the cage, even while free sitting on the door of the cage. I unpuposely trained him to do it there, it seems.
Mine is also free 90% of the time but just holds it.

Most Reactions