convection oven pfte free

Jan 25, 2021
I called the Crux customer service line and asked about my convection oven. they say all their ovens are ptfe free. Does that mean its safe around birds? Anything else I need to worry about besides non stick pans? I have no where else to keep my birds, and im trying to inform myself and my family of these dangers.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The convection oven market is still very new and little is known about, which is safe and, which is not as independent review have yet to occur in any volume as the DYI group have not had reason to open one up.

The technology in North American designed, but built is China. Organizations that are interested in protecting their name are likely safe.

Remember that 'ptfe free' means nothing as ptfe 'was' a patented product that 'was' easily walked around by making minor changes to the formula, which allow less than honest companies to legally state they are ptfe free!!

If your product uses a coating on coils, it could be a problem.

It will likely be a few more years before the truth is know for certain.

Sorry for the lack of clarity, but it is what it is at this point.

OP
CyrusLUVSGemma
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. I will talk to the fam about ventilation when using it, at the very least, or try to move them when using it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I hear that some ovens have a coating (when they’re brand new) somewhere that burns off the first time you use it. So if it is new you should keep that in mind. I think I have a convection oven. My biggest worry is about spills burning and making smoke or fumes. I always use the stove or oven with the exhaust fan on.

Most Reactions

Latest posts