Cool quick documentary of quakers taking over miami.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I really like this because it shows how they still build those huge communal nests. This is why quakers are banned in some states as they can adapt almost anywhere. Theres even a flock in Minneapolis.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I first heard of Quaker Parrots when my dad told stories about small flocks of them living in Chicago, Illinois. Even though they’re a South American bird, they stay warm during Chicago winters by piling together in those giant nests and eating from people’s backyard bird feeders! What amazingly clever and adaptable birds!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
As far as I know the only native parrot species was the carolina parakeet which was hunted to extinction in like 1920 the last one was around. If parrots come back and they aren't to much of a problem, I'm very ok with this.

But then again lets introduce rabbits or emus to australia and then.....

It's always a trial, I hope we can all get it right eventually.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Amazons did in the long past exist in Florida and around the Gulf of Mexico. It is believed that hurricanes transported them in and caused their loss. I guess the newest form of hurricane has two legs?

Most Reactions