Cosmo passed away today...

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
It is with great sadness that I'm informing you. Cosmo passed away.

He was only 5 months old. I keep telling myself that he was just weak, he was just not cut out for life. But I keep thinking I did something wrong.

He was the sweetest lil dinosaur. So smart, so keen to learn. Learnt 4 tricks in 2 days, my silly little boy..

My whole family is devastated. I feel like everything I touch I ruin.

Thank you Cosmo for shining a bit of light onto this gloomy period of mine.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, care and friendship! See you in the future, maybe.

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.

Attachments

• 807BE29D-412B-4A0A-ABBD-C165DCF28F75.jpeg
    807BE29D-412B-4A0A-ABBD-C165DCF28F75.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 4E4065E5-2842-45D1-8A64-E898E9C168C6.jpeg
    4E4065E5-2842-45D1-8A64-E898E9C168C6.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 61B299E8-CF55-44BB-830B-F7D5593943B0.jpeg
    61B299E8-CF55-44BB-830B-F7D5593943B0.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 21

RingneckRave

Aug 16, 2023
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bluey - Indian ringneck
Sunny - Indian ringneck

Conny - Sun Conure (my sister's bird)
Soon to own a second sun conure
Oh dear, I'm so sorry about Cosmo. If only life let us spend more time with our beloved pets before they pass on- we can only treasure the moments spent while they were still alive. This is truly devastating to experience, I hope you'll be alright when the time is right for you to move forwards. Until then it's completely normal for you to grieve and process what happened. Again, I'm truly sorry for your loss, I know you cared about him.

Not forced to answer, but did you find out what happened?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

He was only 5 months old. I keep telling myself that he was just weak, he was just not cut out for life. But I keep thinking I did something wrong.

He was the sweetest lil dinosaur. So smart, so keen to learn. Learnt 4 tricks in 2 days, my silly little boy..

Thanks to all of you for your advice, care and friendship! See you in the future, maybe.

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.
Oh no, @cosmothebirb, I'm so very sorry to hear this awful news, I am in tears for you and sweet little Cosmo!! My very deepest condolences go out to you for your loss - it's much easier said than done but you must try not to blame yourself, I know you did everything you could for him and you packed more love into his short life than many others will ever know. I'm so sorry, I wish there was something I could say that could make all of this make sense and to lessen your pain, but I know there is not. It's a path that virtually everyone here has trodden, however, and we understand how very much it hurts. You will carry the love that you shared together forever, and you WILL see him again at the Rainbow Bridge, I firmly believe in that.

Godspeed, sweet and precious Cosmo, fly and play with my Princess Lilly Pilly at the Bridge, until we all meet again!

Last edited:
OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Oh dear, I'm so sorry about Cosmo. If only life let us spend more time with our beloved pets before they pass on- we can only treasure the moments spent while they were still alive. This is truly devastating to experience, I hope you'll be alright when the time is right for you to move forwards. Until then it's completely normal for you to grieve and process what happened. Again, I'm truly sorry for your loss, I know you cared about him.

We didn't find out what was bothering him, he had trouble with his lungs. The doctor said he was probably sick from birth since he was very young.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I am so, so sorry to hear this. I was hoping Cosmo would pull through. Some animals have such a big soul that their body just can’t contain it for long. I have no doubt Cosmo’s spirit is flying free now. Cosmo had the best little life with you. They become such a part of our family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I am so sorry for your loss. Please do not blame yourself, as others have said. And do come back if you decide to open your heart and home up to another bird, we are all here for you.

We lost our cockatiel unexpectedly and I still blame myself. He was a joy and we loved him dearly. He too however often had issues with his blood work or his weight or got random infections- it is entirely possible your little friend had something genetic wrong with him that just couldn’t be fixed. You did everything you could, and you made sure his days with you were wonderful. I hope with time you are able to cherish your memories with him, without the pain.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Cosmo was a beautiful lucky bird to have been loved so much! So precious. So sorry for your loss.

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
WE know how much you loved that bird.
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Even just being here trying to figure a way to give him a better life.

This planet can be kind of shitty sometimes.

ThatCatAgain

Aug 16, 2023
Algeria
Parrots
Budgies

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.
I'm really sorry for your lose,it's really hard to us,bird owners to handle these news.. im pretty sure that cosmo has a big place in your heart,you've done your best to help him and to take care of your bird,it's not your fault,please don't blame yourself! ;(

Birdmum33

Aug 22, 2023
Parrots
Eclectus and a lorikeet

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.
What a wonderful life you gave him.
Hope to see you back soon, when the house gets too quiet. Xo fly high cosmo.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.
I am so sorry to hear about Cosmo. Please accept our deepest condolences. 😥❤️

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
You gave Cosmo such an amazing life even if it was short, he was lucky to have found you.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
OH NO! **Doles out the Hugs in as many heaps as you and your family need** It blows when a beloved family member dies. It's even more annoying when they pass and we don't know why :'(

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels

Goodbye.

Rest in peace my dear.
That's sad to hear, my condolences

Most Reactions