May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
My girls just chased Stormy all over the room for about 10mins. He was totally panicked, so I had to grab the girls and put them in the sleeping cages (with a cover, so they don't keep trying to chase him). He started singing a song... first time he's done that in a LONG time! But jeez, the hormones

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My girls just chased Stormy all over the room for about 10mins. He was totally panicked, so I had to grab the girls and put them in the sleeping cages (with a cover, so they don't keep trying to chase him). He started singing a song... first time he's done that in a LONG time! But jeez, the hormones
How many lady friends does Stormy have? Maybe you might get another boy to diffuse some of the attention.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
How many lady friends does Stormy have? Maybe you might get another boy to diffuse some of the attention.
2, and I'm probably going to get another male budgie soon.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Probably a good idea. I’ve heard that hen budgies can be very aggressive.
Heck yes. Especially when you have a hen that is actually an extremely territorial parrotlet disguised as a budgie. I'm looking at you, Cossie.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My birdies are also very hormonal. John has a very specific swing that he likes to... mate with. And all that's going on in Griffen's head is girls, lol. Poor Snowy was tired of Griffen chasing her around and trying to mate againt her consent :( I separated him and she's a lot more at peace.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
That sounds like a good idea. Having 2 male and 2 female budgies makes great, good sense.
Yes, I used to have that until Pepper (my previous other male) passed away. I know as a general rule, it's better to have an even amount of birds, and an even amount of both sexes if you have males and females.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
So the solution to too much hormones is more birds? Sounds like just more hormones to me! πŸ€ͺ
(Just joking here, btw)
But more bird = more fun!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Oh, i deal with hormones all the time.. it's with sky sometimes when I am singing to her or talking to her she umm.... well you know when a budgie's mate goes on their back the bird getting sat on does that thing where they kind of curve sky does that like almost every single day she does that. Still, as weird enough as it already is she doesn't regurgitate to me.

Most Reactions