Daylight Savings Time

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Your life sounds full of adventure to me! Haha!

I bet there were a lot of "Bless her hearts" said that morning from the locals šŸ˜‚

Well, that would have ruined a perfectly good camping trip!

I think it just means we can eat more, less calories, right?
I could share the story about how I almost killed half my family because I was tubby and clumsy if youā€™d like to hear it! Or the horsefly riddled woods! Or both!

Oh for sure! Iā€™m sure it had spread around town like wildfire haha you may never know!

Yeah, then they woulda been like ā€œoops there goes the toddler! At least we have a second! Deploy the son!ā€

I dunno, perhaps it is more for less calories šŸ‘€

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This was the chapel from the front:

208914_5411164692_5901_n.jpg

And in the room where I left names:)

199170_5411174692_6441_n.jpg

Here's the website:

Dog Mountain Chapel
I just noticed this! This is so sweet!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I could share the story about how I almost killed half my family because I was tubby and clumsy if youā€™d like to hear it! Or the horsefly riddled woods! Or both!

Oh for sure! Iā€™m sure it had spread around town like wildfire haha you may never know!

Yeah, then they woulda been like ā€œoops there goes the toddler! At least we have a second! Deploy the son!ā€

I dunno, perhaps it is more for less calories šŸ‘€
Please share your story, I'd love to hear it:)

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Please share your story, I'd love to hear it:)
Hereā€™s how I almost took out half the family šŸ˜»šŸ’…

It was September or August and we were climbing the Butte (big ol mountain) and near the top, I couldnā€™t breathe, I was exhausted, my blood sugar was way too low, and I was hungry and thirsty. We had to go back down before I pass out. because it was still moist from the recent rain, the steps were very slippery and I was very dizzy. See where this is going? I was behind my mom and I slipped and almost took her down the mountain with me! She somehow caught me (I was like 167LBS at the time as I had not exercised in a long time but I am doing much better now) and we continued back down. Then, my glasses broke when I was taking them off my face to clean them! I was pretty much legally blind for 2 months. It was really scary since I canā€™t see people at all until they are within 10 feet of me and even then I canā€™t see them too well. So yeah, that went as well as you would expect šŸ¤ 

The horsefly riddled woods

This was last year when I began my weight loss journey (I lost 15 pounds that year! I went from 169 to 154 pounds and I am super proud of it!) anyways, my brother and I went to a pretty much forgotten about part of the rich people part of our middle class neighborhood. It was a dirt road near the golf course and we biked into it. We stopped in some rocks and looked at some signs and a map and I went off to watch the dragonflies while my brother used the port a potty. Lots of zig zag darners were fluttering around. Sadly no scarlet medowhawks. We biked a bit farther in when we saw a blue grouse hen! She had chicks and was perched all pretty on a very dry log. We decided to leave her be so we didnā€™t scare her off. After biking through thick forest on a trail, we stopped and I saw a HUGE great grey owl flying off a log into the thick spruce and birch canopy above. I was super excited as that was the first ever owl I have ever seen! And it was a great grey! We continued on and over a very narrow section where I almost slipped and fell down a 15 foot steep hill covered in VERY sharp rocks. I almost crapped my pants and I stopped to catch my breath. We biked over to a large wooden deck that was over a giant, 50+ foot tall, steep hill. And it overlooked a beautiful scene! It was a huge swamp essentially but all water and mud was hidden beneath the 4+ feet tall vegetation. And beyond the sea of green was the literal sea! It was silver and it was all overlooked by giant blue mountains. It was gorgeous! On the way back however, is when things got really bad. It was super hot out, I had no Gatorade left, and the horseflies were out. I was exhausted and was getting scorched by the 75Ā°F heat which felt like 85Ā°. I had a tank top and shorts on and was wearing some slide on shoes (not slides but slide on sneakers essentially) and I didnā€™t put socks on because why not? The horseflies were biting me like crazy and it HURT! I couldnā€™t bike away and I couldnā€™t run either. My blood sugar dropped and I almost passed out. We had to sit down in the shade and swat the horseflies with my shoes until we killed many in the area. We biked home and never went back.

Bonus story!

My brother and I went up to the gas station (pre-bikes) and since we had no bikes, we walked. We got some food and a drink (monster and pringles) and snuck onto the golf course when we were walking over a hill, I felt a sharp pain in my right heel. ā€œIs that a horsefly?ā€ I thought and looked at my heel. What I saw was MUCH worse. Since I didnā€™t put on socks with these shoes, it rubbed the skin of the back of BOTH heels off! I was bleeding EVERYWHERE! I was like ā€œoh, I guess Iā€™m bleeding now.ā€ And I took off my shoes, tucked them in my sling backpack and walked across the course barefoot with my brother. He was like ā€œyouā€™re gonna step on glass or a nailā€ and I said ā€œwhere is any of that gonna be on the course?ā€ He was like ā€œI dunno.ā€ And then we got to where we were sneaking to. It was a hill in front of a pond that overlooked the whole course. It was super cool and while we sat there, I took the bottom of my black shorts and wiped up my bloody heels. It wouldnā€™t show up so Iā€™d be fine. We walked back home and I washed up my heels and then made some real mean brownies. Super thick and rich and delicious. Later that year my brother peed on the golf course.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hereā€™s how I almost took out half the family šŸ˜»šŸ’…

It was September or August and we were climbing the Butte (big ol mountain) and near the top, I couldnā€™t breathe, I was exhausted, my blood sugar was way too low, and I was hungry and thirsty. We had to go back down before I pass out. because it was still moist from the recent rain, the steps were very slippery and I was very dizzy. See where this is going? I was behind my mom and I slipped and almost took her down the mountain with me! She somehow caught me (I was like 167LBS at the time as I had not exercised in a long time but I am doing much better now) and we continued back down.

Oh my gosh, that's scary, what a terrible place for you to get sick like that!
I'm not the least bit surprised that your Mama caught you, that's what Mama's do:)

Then, my glasses broke when I was taking them off my face to clean them! I was pretty much legally blind for 2 months. It was really scary since I canā€™t see people at all until they are within 10 feet of me and even then I canā€™t see them too well. So yeah, that went as well as you would expect šŸ¤ 

I find this horrifying. My vision is so blurry that I can't read without reading glasses, and when I broke mine a couple of weeks ago I almost went crazy until Reg got home with a new pair. I can't imagine going 2 months with everything blurry, it would have driven me crazy to not be able to see anything at all.
The horsefly riddled woods

This was last year when I began my weight loss journey (I lost 15 pounds that year! I went from 169 to 154 pounds and I am super proud of it!)

You should be, 15 pounds is awesome! Congratulations!

anyways, my brother and I went to a pretty much forgotten about part of the rich people part of our middle class neighborhood. It was a dirt road near the golf course and we biked into it. We stopped in some rocks and looked at some signs and a map and I went off to watch the dragonflies while my brother used the port a potty. Lots of zig zag darners were fluttering around. Sadly no scarlet medowhawks. We biked a bit farther in when we saw a blue grouse hen! She had chicks and was perched all pretty on a very dry log. We decided to leave her be so we didnā€™t scare her off. After biking through thick forest on a trail, we stopped and I saw a HUGE great grey owl flying off a log into the thick spruce and birch canopy above. I was super excited as that was the first ever owl I have ever seen! And it was a great grey! We continued on and over a very narrow section where I almost slipped and fell down a 15 foot steep hill covered in VERY sharp rocks. I almost crapped my pants and I stopped to catch my breath. We biked over to a large wooden deck that was over a giant, 50+ foot tall, steep hill. And it overlooked a beautiful scene! It was a huge swamp essentially but all water and mud was hidden beneath the 4+ feet tall vegetation. And beyond the sea of green was the literal sea! It was silver and it was all overlooked by giant blue mountains. It was gorgeous! On the way back however, is when things got really bad. It was super hot out, I had no Gatorade left, and the horseflies were out. I was exhausted and was getting scorched by the 75Ā°F heat which felt like 85Ā°. I had a tank top and shorts on and was wearing some slide on shoes (not slides but slide on sneakers essentially) and I didnā€™t put socks on because why not? The horseflies were biting me like crazy and it HURT! I couldnā€™t bike away and I couldnā€™t run either. My blood sugar dropped and I almost passed out. We had to sit down in the shade and swat the horseflies with my shoes until we killed many in the area. We biked home and never went back.

What an adventure, I bet it was so beautiful! Well, except for the vampire flies:(
Horseflies really do hurt, and I hope that any who bit you after your sugar dropped fell like rocks. Off a cliff.
We had worse than usual mosquitoes in 2011. I was getting married in July, so this was especially not good. Reg and I went to make the last payment to the photographer, and when he ran out to get it he was wearing a coat, gloves and a bee keepers hat. The sky looked black because there were so many mosquitoes. I rolled down my window just enough to give him the money and the truck immediately filled up with them.

One of the wedding favours we gave out were little packets of Off wipes. Did I mention that we were getting married outside? There was a rain plan but not a mosquito plan.
The day of the wedding it rained until about 2pm (we got married at 5pm), and then the sun came out. It was actually chilly during the ceremony, and everyone was wearing coats. But no mosquitoes so it was a win:)

Bonus story!

My brother and I went up to the gas station (pre-bikes) and since we had no bikes, we walked. We got some food and a drink (monster and pringles) and snuck onto the golf course when we were walking over a hill, I felt a sharp pain in my right heel. ā€œIs that a horsefly?ā€ I thought and looked at my heel. What I saw was MUCH worse. Since I didnā€™t put on socks with these shoes, it rubbed the skin of the back of BOTH heels off! I was bleeding EVERYWHERE! I was like ā€œoh, I guess Iā€™m bleeding now.ā€ And I took off my shoes, tucked them in my sling backpack and walked across the course barefoot with my brother. He was like ā€œyouā€™re gonna step on glass or a nailā€ and I said ā€œwhere is any of that gonna be on the course?ā€ He was like ā€œI dunno.ā€

Didn't it hurt while it was happening? My heels are hurting in commiseration with yours.

And then we got to where we were sneaking to. It was a hill in front of a pond that overlooked the whole course. It was super cool and while we sat there, I took the bottom of my black shorts and wiped up my bloody heels. It wouldnā€™t show up so Iā€™d be fine.
We walked back home and I washed up my heels and then made some real mean brownies. Super thick and rich and delicious.

This was a great segue! Despite the blood, I'm suddenly craving brownies.
Later that year my brother peed on the golf course.
And then this segue gave me whiplash, you're hysterical!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh my gosh, that's scary, what a terrible place for you to get sick like that!
I'm not the least bit surprised that your Mama caught you, that's what Mama's do:)

I find this horrifying. My vision is so blurry that I can't read without reading glasses, and when I broke mine a couple of weeks ago I almost went crazy until Reg got home with a new pair. I can't imagine going 2 months with everything blurry, it would have driven me crazy to not be able to see anything at all.

You should be, 15 pounds is awesome! Congratulations!

What an adventure, I bet it was so beautiful! Well, except for the vampire flies:(
Horseflies really do hurt, and I hope that any who bit you after your sugar dropped fell like rocks. Off a cliff.
We had worse than usual mosquitoes in 2011. I was getting married in July, so this was especially not good. Reg and I went to make the last payment to the photographer, and when he ran out to get it he was wearing a coat, gloves and a bee keepers hat. The sky looked black because there were so many mosquitoes. I rolled down my window just enough to give him the money and the truck immediately filled up with them.

One of the wedding favours we gave out were little packets of Off wipes. Did I mention that we were getting married outside? There was a rain plan but not a mosquito plan.
The day of the wedding it rained until about 2pm (we got married at 5pm), and then the sun came out. It was actually chilly during the ceremony, and everyone was wearing coats. But no mosquitoes so it was a win:)

Didn't it hurt while it was happening? My heels are hurting in commiseration with yours.

This was a great segue! Despite the blood, I'm suddenly craving brownies.

And then this segue gave me whiplash, you're hysterical!
Yeah, it was not fun! Not to mention the thinner oxygen up there! Iā€™m grateful my mom caught me!

Yeah it was very scary. Not being able to see anything for months drove me up the wall! I also got mad I couldnā€™t see the moose whenever my mom was like ā€œlook! A moose!ā€ because like, I wanna see it too!

You have bad vision too? What was it like for you when you broke your glasses?

Yeah! It was my biggest achievement! Sadly I gained it all back plus 5 LBS over the winter. but I am going to do it again and diet. I gotta cut back on my calories a lot because I do eat quite a bit. So this year, my goal is 20LBS!

It was very beautiful! Until the little stupid horseflies came around. I hope they also fall off cliffs then have their bodies eaten by ants.

Oh my god! The MILLIONS of mosquitoes sounds like a NIGHTMARE!!! I would have hid until they all went away! And your car filling up with them? YUCK!!! I hope they all drowned in vinegar! Euagh just thinking about that many squitos doesnā€™t make my skin just crawl, it makes it get up and RUN. Iā€™d rather get my hand chewed off by rats than have to deal with all of those squitos!

The no mosquitoes made me smile like I just saw a brat get what they deserve! That is amazing there were none!

My heelā€™s surprisingly didnā€™t hurt too much. Just felt like a horseflyā€™s proboscis stuck in my heel and it was kinda easy to ignore. Washing them however was AWFUL! It burned, layers of skin were rinsed off, and I wanted to die it hurt so bad!

Iā€™m craving brownies too! Too bad thereā€™s nothing to make any!

Screw that golf course! My brother is planning to poop on the golf course. Or at least taking dog turds, putting them into a Tupperware and then dump it in the golf ball holes.

The golf course is mainly inhabited by the rich snobs of the neighborhood and donā€™t like ā€œpoorā€ people like middle and lower class (I have talked to a few snobs at the course) so thatā€™s why we snuck on. The people there arenā€™t very kind and the keepers are just plain awful so, why not poop and pee on the course? Give nasty people a nasty surprise!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yeah, it was not fun! Not to mention the thinner oxygen up there! Iā€™m grateful my mom caught me!

Me too, not to mention Rico:)
Yeah it was very scary. Not being able to see anything for months drove me up the wall! I also got mad I couldnā€™t see the moose whenever my mom was like ā€œlook! A moose!ā€ because like, I wanna see it too!

Definitely! We had a moose walking down Main street in my tiny town one afternoon last fall. I happened to see him and watched as he headed toward the grocery store, it was so cool!
My favourite was in Montana. My daughter and I drove down to see Yellowstone, and we stayed in Gardner which is close to a set of the gates into the park. Our first morning there, we headed for the park and then noticed a high school really close to the gates - and the football field was full of buffalo, laying down and enjoying the sun. That was incredible! I was an idiot, I got within 5 feet of them to take pics and none even looked at us, thank goodness. At least I made Britty stay in the car.

You have bad vision too? What was it like for you when you broke your glasses?

It was so frustrating! I couldn't even see the phone good enough to answer a call.
My long distance vision has started to go so I know I'm going to have to wear glasses all the time. Sigh. More money I'd rather spend on something else. We're starting a reno on our main floor of the house and I'm way more excited about that than I am an eye doctor appt. haha
Yeah! It was my biggest achievement! Sadly I gained it all back plus 5 LBS over the winter. but I am going to do it again and diet. I gotta cut back on my calories a lot because I do eat quite a bit. So this year, my goal is 20LBS!

You can do it!! I have faith! Keeping it off is the hard part, been through that so many times myself:(
It was very beautiful! Until the little stupid horseflies came around. I hope they also fall off cliffs then have their bodies eaten by ants.

Haha, tell us how you really feel!
Oh my god! The MILLIONS of mosquitoes sounds like a NIGHTMARE!!! I would have hid until they all went away! And your car filling up with them? YUCK!!! I hope they all drowned in vinegar! Euagh just thinking about that many squitos doesnā€™t make my skin just crawl, it makes it get up and RUN. Iā€™d rather get my hand chewed off by rats than have to deal with all of those squitos!

LOL, they were pretty bad, I'm so glad they weren't bad on our day.
The no mosquitoes made me smile like I just saw a brat get what they deserve! That is amazing there were none!

Right? I was especially worried that they'd be out in full force after the rain.
My heelā€™s surprisingly didnā€™t hurt too much. Just felt like a horseflyā€™s proboscis stuck in my heel and it was kinda easy to ignore. Washing them however was AWFUL! It burned, layers of skin were rinsed off, and I wanted to die it hurt so bad!

I bet it was hard to walk after that for awhile, too:(
Iā€™m craving brownies too! Too bad thereā€™s nothing to make any!

None here yet, but I just asked Reg to bring some home:)
Screw that golf course! My brother is planning to poop on the golf course. Or at least taking dog turds, putting them into a Tupperware and then dump it in the golf ball holes.

The golf course is mainly inhabited by the rich snobs of the neighborhood and donā€™t like ā€œpoorā€ people like middle and lower class (I have talked to a few snobs at the course) so thatā€™s why we snuck on. The people there arenā€™t very kind and the keepers are just plain awful so, why not poop and pee on the course? Give nasty people a nasty surprise!

I'm against this, it's not the rich people who will be forced to clean it up. I had to clean a bathroom with poop on every wall when I worked at Wendy's when I was 16, and I've never forgotten how terrible it was to clean up human waste:(

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Me too, not to mention Rico:)

Definitely! We had a moose walking down Main street in my tiny town one afternoon last fall. I happened to see him and watched as he headed toward the grocery store, it was so cool!
My favourite was in Montana. My daughter and I drove down to see Yellowstone, and we stayed in Gardner which is close to a set of the gates into the park. Our first morning there, we headed for the park and then noticed a high school really close to the gates - and the football field was full of buffalo, laying down and enjoying the sun. That was incredible! I was an idiot, I got within 5 feet of them to take pics and none even looked at us, thank goodness. At least I made Britty stay in the car.

It was so frustrating! I couldn't even see the phone good enough to answer a call.
My long distance vision has started to go so I know I'm going to have to wear glasses all the time. Sigh. More money I'd rather spend on something else. We're starting a reno on our main floor of the house and I'm way more excited about that than I am an eye doctor appt. haha

You can do it!! I have faith! Keeping it off is the hard part, been through that so many times myself:(

Haha, tell us how you really feel!

LOL, they were pretty bad, I'm so glad they weren't bad on our day.

Right? I was especially worried that they'd be out in full force after the rain.

I bet it was hard to walk after that for awhile, too:(

None here yet, but I just asked Reg to bring some home:)

I'm against this, it's not the rich people who will be forced to clean it up. I had to clean a bathroom with poop on every wall when I worked at Wendy's when I was 16, and I've never forgotten how terrible it was to clean up human waste:(
Yeah, if I died, Rico probably wouldā€™ve been put into a bad home and not had everything he wanted.

Moose are super neat! You shoulda went up to it, fed it lettuce, then rode it to the grocery store because they are giant tank horses! (To anyone reading this, this is a joke)

Wow you saw a lotta bison?! That sounds so AMAZING! They are so cute and intimidating and goofy looking! And you got super close? Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s bravery or what but that is just even more cool!!!

Wow your vision is super bad! Like, worse than mine! Yikes! A renovation? Renos are pretty cool but I personally would rather go to the doctor haha

Thank you so much! Yeah, losing the weight is easy enough but like you said, keeping it off is really hard to do, especially since Iā€™m pretty much snowed in for 6 or 7 months and thereā€™s nothing to do all winter since Iā€™m too young for a gym membership, canā€™t drive, canā€™t leave the neighborhood, canā€™t fit a treadmill anywhere, canā€™t do anything really and I donā€™t have snow gear either so I pretty much just sit around, do school, and play games all winter.

I hope the horseflies get eaten by mosquitoes while getting their feet tickled and be forced to smell dog diarrhea for all eternity

Yeah thatā€™s great! No squitos 4 u šŸ˜

Oh yeah! After the rain they are AWFUL! Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like waiting around after the very few storms we get! I couldnā€™t imagine being bitten all over for like 5 hours or more by squitos! Glad you didnā€™t have to!

Not all that hard to walk surprisingly! Just had to be careful not to tear the newly developing skin or to tear the bandage. It only stopped me from going to the park really.

Ooh luckyyyyy I got fruit snacks in the night apparently! No idea who gave it to me or when but I guess I tucked them under my pillow? No idea but Imma let them refrigerate in my window when I wake up fully

I brought up your point to my brother before I went to bed and he just said he didnā€™t really care and he would still poop in the golf holes and sprinkle the dog poop on the golf course to annoy the rich

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
no problem! thank you! I hope you come back to alaska to enjoy the views, wildlife, and clean air! and I hope you meet a moose at your window too!
I would love to meet a moose at my window.. That would be so cool. It took me about a week to figure out how to use the "bear proof" garbage cans.. LOL!!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I would love to meet a moose at my window.. That would be so cool. It took me about a week to figure out how to use the "bear proof" garbage cans.. LOL!!
You had bears out there?! In my town, bears are like, nonexistent! You had to be anchorage or farther then?

Be careful with moose tho, they may be friendly but if you feed them they can stick around and camp at your window. The moose we just had the other day stuck around for 3 Days straight. On the porch, backyard, and at my window. Thankfully he was pretty chill and friendly and I could get around him no issue but if he were an adult that would be a huge problem. Quite literally. The other two I had previously had visit were not as nice. The big momma moose kicked my window and bullied her calf and the calf was pretty pushy with me. They didnā€™t stay long though. So be very careful with moose. They can be aggressive or they can camp out in your yard for days and not go away.

And donā€™t be scared if the teeth, if you get bitten it just feels like getting bitten by an old lady missing her top dentures! Fear the feet!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I think I'd still be too afraid to get near a moose, they are so big!
LOL, it was stupidity rather than bravery when I got close to the buffalo, but I figured they had to be used to people if they take their morning naps on the football field. Luckily I was right:)

I've only seen a bear once, and that was in Jasper in the Canadian Rockies. Nope, I didn't get out of the truck to take a picture of him!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I think I'd still be too afraid to get near a moose, they are so big!
LOL, it was stupidity rather than bravery when I got close to the buffalo, but I figured they had to be used to people if they take their morning naps on the football field. Luckily I was right:)

I've only seen a bear once, and that was in Jasper in the Canadian Rockies. Nope, I didn't get out of the truck to take a picture of him!
Understandable! At first I was super scared of 2 moose even being NEAR my window! But now itā€™s just like ā€œhuh, would you look at that, a giant murder horse!ā€ *opens window* ā€œhey buddy! Want sum salad?ā€ I have walked past a moose several times in close proximity and it wasnā€™t all that scary. Nerveous? Totally! But not fearful. Dunno if that makes me stupid or what but they donā€™t really bother me anymore.

Next time go hug the bison! That should totally end well! They are fuzzy and friend shaped after all!

Hug a bear too, then you can say you literally got bear hugged šŸ˜»šŸ’…

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Understandable! At first I was super scared of 2 moose even being NEAR my window! But now itā€™s just like ā€œhuh, would you look at that, a giant murder horse!ā€ *opens window* ā€œhey buddy! Want sum salad?ā€ I have walked past a moose several times in close proximity and it wasnā€™t all that scary. Nerveous? Totally! But not fearful. Dunno if that makes me stupid or what but they donā€™t really bother me anymore.

I'm not nearly that brave. Well, I probably would want to try to feed one anyway:)
Next time go hug the bison! That should totally end well! They are fuzzy and friend shaped after all!

Hug a bear too, then you can say you literally got bear hugged šŸ˜»šŸ’…
LOL, sounds like you're hoping for a new Mod...haha!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I'm not nearly that brave. Well, I probably would want to try to feed one anyway:)

LOL, sounds like you're hoping for a new Mod...haha!
Maybe youā€™re just smart haha!

Nah itā€™d just be awesome to hug a bison or bear! Plus no one could replace you, youā€™re too cool lol

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Maybe youā€™re just smart haha!

Nah itā€™d just be awesome to hug a bison or bear! Plus no one could replace you, youā€™re too cool lol
You're too sweet, thank you!

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
You had bears out there?! In my town, bears are like, nonexistent! You had to be anchorage or farther then?

Be careful with moose tho, they may be friendly but if you feed them they can stick around and camp at your window. The moose we just had the other day stuck around for 3 Days straight. On the porch, backyard, and at my window. Thankfully he was pretty chill and friendly and I could get around him no issue but if he were an adult that would be a huge problem. Quite literally. The other two I had previously had visit were not as nice. The big momma moose kicked my window and bullied her calf and the calf was pretty pushy with me. They didnā€™t stay long though. So be very careful with moose. They can be aggressive or they can camp out in your yard for days and not go away.

And donā€™t be scared if the teeth, if you get bitten it just feels like getting bitten by an old lady missing her top dentures! Fear the feet!
Yes, I seen the bears in Anchorage nearby the military installation. I also seen a bear not to far from Juneau. Spent 10 days in Alaska and it went by so quick. Can't wait to head back.

I have know idea what it's like getting bitten by an old lady missing her top dentures. When I read that sentence, I nearly spit my coffee out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I will keep that in mind if and when I come across a moose near my window.. LOL!!

Most Reactions