Death of my beloved budgie

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
Hello. One of my 8 budgies, albino female budgie Cicinka died today evening.... I probably brought her almost 3 years ago with chronic chlamydia and maybe also megabacteria. Megabacteria was treated by amfotericin B, but was also found later, yesterday... PRobably since yesterday she had stucked egg. She was not hormonally good, the egg today had to be broken in the oviduct.... She had probably the rupture of the oviduct, the shape on the belly was really large.... She was very exhausted from the unability to lay the egg today and died in the evening. I am very sorry for that. I am going to an autopsy and then histology examination tomorrow into Czech to my vet. doctor.
Cicinka, I wish you a good another life. Thank you and I know you are staying with us together, with your daughter Erwinka, son Norbert, grandson Gurgo, granddaughter Gulliverka.... gradndaughter Attertka who flew away in June from the balcony....
I am sending you never ending kisses. I love you forever.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no Ivan, I'm so sorry to hear the terrible news of Cicinka's passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss of your precious girl, but how lovely that she leaves the legacy of her babies and grand-babies with you. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss, Ivan.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Cicinka, until we all meet again πŸ™

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
thank you, dear. I believe she can have a good another life, like once told me on email famous australian avian doctor Ross Perry, who died one month ago.... that egg exhausted her, but I will go to autopsy and histology examination anyway tomorrow.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
thank you, dear. I believe she can have a good another life, like once told me on email famous australian avian doctor Ross Perry, who died one month ago.... that egg exhausted her, but I will go to autopsy and histology examination anyway tomorrow.
Yes I was very sad to hear of Dr Perry's passing too. He certainly was a legend in his field, particularly with his groundbreaking work on PBFD in the 1980's. He will be very sorely missed.

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
Yes, thank you. I was in email contact with him.... I am starting to think what I did wrong. I do not regret I took this budgie from the store, despite she probably had chronic chlamydia and also megabacteria. But I could not prevent it to stop her from constang laying eggs... I would have to separate her from the others, and it would be a torture, so....

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
my beloved budgie Cicinka had ( by autopsy ) really infammation of the oviduct due to constant eggs laying and hormonal changes, some changes on proventriculi probably due to megabacteria, no visible changes on other main organs..... So the question should be how to help such birdies with those hormonal problems... If possible.

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
thank you, friend. I believe she is going to have a good another life.
I just had to find out what are the preventions against chronic laying eggs which can exhaust budgies and take out the calcium from them.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry Ivan, my deepest condolences for the passing of Cicinka. You've done everything possible for her and a bit more. May you be comforted by loving memories and the gifts of her babies.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Please accept my sincere condolences.

I always say this, because I always believe it: your darling departed this life while loved, and I believe that lasts into Eternity.

Thank you for sharing.

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
Thank you, Galeria. I believe she will be loved in another life again. Like my friend from Australia DR. Ross Perry who died recently... once told me : opened the door to let your budgie come back like a healthy chick.

OP
I

Ivan.Vanca

Nov 3, 2019
Slovakia
Parrots
budgies
The histology confirmed that she died mainly due to exhaustion of constant egg laying, past fighting with infections, despite the chlamydia was not there now found....
If I would had been giving her calcium and D3 Vitamine, I would damage the kidneys, so I do not know what I could do more... exposing to sun, etc...?

Most Reactions

Latest posts