Decorating A Parrots Cage/Room

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I have taken down everything in Nico’s room/computer room. I am going to start from scratch. This is his cage/room. He only uses it at nighttime, or when he is overly stimulated and needs to relax.

I wanted advice on how to decorate Nico’s room, and what to add for toys or entertainment to occupy him when he is in here alone. I’ve had no luck with getting him to play with toys. Anytime Nico is in his room he stands on the one perch, and doesn’t move.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
14819C72-7FF4-466A-94DB-C20E323BEFAA.jpeg

B456961E-A076-4CB0-9D21-CC3FFC2EC183.jpeg

8A9EB7A0-9AB3-4B9E-B123-71DC603811F7.jpeg

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Parker has his own room for these exact purposes.

Decorating the room doesn’t matter, that’s are human construct and in no way affects the bird short of scaring them with something new on the environment. If you wanna wallpaper with jungle theme, that’s your perogative but has no impact on your bird.

For parkers rooms, for me most important was that he had a TV. Something isn’t he environment outside of the cage to engage his senses and not feel so isolated for when he’s in there during the day.

Far more important is the housing. Dedicated room? Get a bigger cage, more toys, etc.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I had a larger cage I was told to down size it. Then I went with this stainless steel one for easier cleaning, and for sanitary purposes.

He does have a drawer full of toys. I put them away as he never plays with them. I just would like to see him come out of his cage to play in his room as his door is always open. He just sits in one spot in his nighttime room unless he’s with me in the family room where his perches are.

What I meant by decorating was to add ceiling perches/ropes. Maybe some chain links for him to walk across. That being said more then likely I would install them, and he wouldn’t use them. I’m not having much luck with this situation.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would like to put a Rita Hayworth poster behind Willow’s cage. Although Marlene Dietrich or Linda Ronstadt would work, too. (Those are the posters covering the escape tunnel entrance in “The Shawshank redemption”.)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts