Dehumidifiers for parrot room

BekOwens94

Sep 13, 2022
Parrots
Pippin - Sun Conure
Hey,

Iā€™ve been having a lot of problems lately with condensation on windows (even after trying different methods such as opening windows in morning for a certain amount of time).

In the room where my parrot sleeps we have an air purifier, however Iā€™ve recently purchased some reusable dehumidifiers to see if it helps with the condensation. There are the ones I have bought: ANSIO Dehumidifier 500ml Condensation Remover Moisture Absorber Dehumidifiers for Damp, Mould, Moisture in Home, Kitchen, Wardrobe, Bedroom, Caravan, Office, Garage, Bathroom, Basement (Pack of 5) https://amzn.eu/d/ft9hwPV

Does anyone else use these and know if they are safe to use around my parrot? Or if not, can share any dehumidifiers that they use that are safer to use (UK only websites please).

Thank you!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
This is an odd time of the year to be fighting High Humidity levels in the UK as most homes have at least some supplemental heating, which commonly reduces humidity within the home.
-Your location maybe having some effect, likely caused by a high water table in your area.
-Located downwind from a body of water of size.
-A water pipe leak within you home, etc..

First make an effort in determining why you have high Humidity within your home. If its an issue of location, there is little one can physically do to change that and a supplemental system to remove /lower the humidity will be needed. Commonly those units are installed by a professional and need to be connected to a permanent drain.
If you find that you have a water leak, and you have it repaired, you may need a short term unit(s) to dry out the excess moisture and all the of products you are considering will work. Please remember to place them away from your Parrot(s) and change them out /clean them regularly.

High moisture levels are a source for mold and you should complete a detailed inspection to determine whether you have active growth is strongly recommended.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts