Dinner with Nike

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Nike has been feeling her oats lately and has become somewhat aggressive when it comes to stealing my food. Tonight she was particularly interested in my Lasagna to the point that off camera her head was in my mouth chasing after the lasagna. So I thought to take this short clip which I find funny with her following the fork into my mouth, thinking that it was meant for her.

And sorry I didn't clean up for this, no need when staying home all the time ;)

[ame="https://youtu.be/0ThRMRoXO0g"]Nike lasagna3 9 20 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hilarious, Nike seems perturbed you got the bigger pieces! (but happy to get something!)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Her eyes really do get hopeful following that big piece to your mouth :).

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Thanks, she is pretty funny with food.

She is so light on her feet that I often don't notice when she lands on me and also forget she's there sometimes.

The other day as I was walking from the kitchen to living room with my fried bologna sandwich, she apparently hitched a ride when I passed through the dining room and when I sat down in the living room and brought the sandwich up to my mouth she grabbed the crust and ripped about a 3" piece of it off my bread before I knew what had happened...she even startled me a bit ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts