Dirty cockatoo?

Cstone01

Jun 13, 2019
Hello, I have A question about our major Mitchell, We have had him for four years and heā€™s always dirty. Iā€™ve never had a bird before that doesnā€™t seem to care about whatā€™s on him. you know how baby birds have a dirty face because theyā€™re not aware enough to clean off and theyā€™re being fed formula? He always Gets whatever heā€™s eating all over his face. He also slides down his play stand and gets poop on his back or in his crown and then rolls around in it. Iā€™ve been around a lot of birds and they usually fastidious cleaning them selves, He doesnā€™t seem to care. Heā€™s 4 1/2 years old at this point Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s gone through puberty and I thought he wouldā€™ve grown out of it right now, I used to think it was because he was a baby. Should I be concerned?

My husband gave him half a pomegranate once and he just climbed into the thing and he will StainEd for almost 2 months, he gets in the shower every morning with my husband and we try to get whateverā€™s on him off, Iā€™m just worried that it implies something else is wrong with him. I avoid giving him prickly pear, pomegranate a lot of food because he just gets it all over his face.

Also, I know this is probably anthropomorphizing him but whenever heā€™s eating super messy our Alexandrian looks at him like he is crazy like the other bird knows thereā€™s something wrong with him almost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions