Discolouration

Mickhunt

Dec 12, 2020
Media
Albums
UK
Parrots
Alexandrine
Hi my 8 month old baby alexandrine s have got greyish coloured heads a mix of green and greys could this be a problem I give them all the vitamins both in food and water could I be giving them to much
Thanks for any advice
Mick
UK

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Babies and feather color will change to sum degree with every molt over the first year or two.

Vitamins should only be added if a full spectrum blood screen defines a need. It is very easy to over load when you have them in the food and water.

Please stop providing vitamins in the water as it only becomes problematic.

OP
Mickhunt

Mickhunt

Dec 12, 2020
Media
Albums
UK
Parrots
Alexandrine
I have at great expense heated their room through the colder months and kept it around 18 oā€™c in the UK I have also made them an aivery but with Perspex as well as wire which I only open in the warmer months
I was just wondering if I needed to heat their room up

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Heating will continue to become ever more expensive and everyone should be looking a longterm solutions /methods of holding and keeping energy costs under control.

Most Parrots can withstand a fairly wide band of temperature. But if your temperature changes fairly rapidly, that can be a problem. The normal temperatures in the natural range of your Parrot can provide you a good idea of what they can comfortably handle. Understand that rapid changes is a problem as can drafts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts