Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
As some of you recall, I'm planning to move in a few months and I'm hoping to find an apartment with decent windows. My current place feels like a dungeon because of how the light is blocked by the house next to my place. My question is, how close to a window should my birds' cages be? I want them to have decent sunlight (even though light is partially filtered through windows....) in the new place while at the same time, allowing them a sense of security and preventing them from cooking in the sun on hotter summer days.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
As some of you recall, I'm planning to move in a few months and I'm hoping to find an apartment with decent windows. My current place feels like a dungeon because of how the light is blocked by the house next to my place. My question is, how close to a window should my birds' cages be? I want them to have decent sunlight (even though light is partially filtered through windows....) in the new place while at the same time, allowing them a sense of security and preventing them from cooking in the sun on hotter summer days.
Well, as long as they have both sun and shade, they'll be good! I'd aim for about 40% shade, 60% sun.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Another option is plastic film over the window to cut down on drafts in the winter.

Willow is a foot from a new well sealed window but part of the view is blocked by Venetian blinds. He has seen scary things (garbage trucks) outside and I want him to be able to hide from anything scary and also not HAVE TO sit in the sun.

Most Reactions

Latest posts