DNA came back today!

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
I haven't been active on this forum for a little bit, due to being very busy, but I just had to share the news with you all!

The aviary contacted me to say that the DNA results came back for my little one.

It's a girl!
uploadfromtaptalk1430363279980.jpg

So Little One is henceforth known as Nephele, my little cloud.

I'll be going to see her again this Sunday, and taking my mother with me :)
Of course, I'll share pictures with you all!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Congrats! I think I remember you wanted a girl...

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
Wooohoooo! Congrats on your little girl!!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
CONRATS!!! How old is she in the picture???? She is a DOLL!!!

Jim

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi Britt!! YAYYYY on Nephele!! I know you must be counting down the hours until you can snuggle with your girl again. And I know your mom will be cooing can cahing with you! :D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a pretty name for a pretty baby girl:D Congrats!

OP
Lullx

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
I'm really very sorry that I haven't been around lately!
I've been very busy preparing my home and the flock for when Nephele comes home :eek:

Thank you all so much for the congrats :D
I originally wanted a boy, until I read even further into CAG behavior and realized that gender doesn't much matter. When the aviary told me that she was most likely a girl, I started to get more excited about the idea of having a female versus a male. In the end, it didn't matter at all to me. I'd love her just the same if she was a he.

That little picture was taken three weeks ago, when I went to see her last. She was about 8 weeks old. Now she's 11 weeks! Hatched on Valentine's Day :D

I have most of the big things I needed to buy for her (including getting a quote for her first vet visit), and now pretty much just need toys and the small fun things.
I've found the time to sit and make a few things at night for my visit tomorrow, to see if she'll play with some toys. She was playing with my jewelry last time, so I'm hopeful :eek:

I made a big, chunky bracelet out of plastic buttons, since birds love to play with jewelry. It's actually fun to wear on my arm!
qp4KbrE.jpg

My conure Genevieve at least loves it and has been having fun trying to liberate the buttons. Hopefully her "little" sister Nephele will like it just as much!

I also made her a shreddable flower
o4mad8x.jpg

And a rain stick rattle (left). The bell/lantern on the right is for my little monsters. I'll hang it up on their cage later today.
pTGlAJE.png

I also found some seagrass twists at Tractor Supply Co that my monsters love, and I'll be bringing a couple of those with me tomorrow, and a few other little things. I want to see what sorts of toys she likes more so I can have a little stockpile when she comes home.

Most Reactions