Not open for further replies.

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Ira7 and I are only arguing about semantics, not the overall problem.

Have you been reading this same thread that I have? Semantics? How did you come to that conclusion?

The bird is BORED.

I told you OCD doesn’t exist in birds, a neurological thing. That the behavior you’re worried about is because of environmental conditions.

A bird has to be let out of the cage and STIMULATED, some birds more time out than others. There’s no rule as to how much time.

Shifting food bowls around and providing different toys isn’t a substitute for this.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Ira7 and I are only arguing about semantics, not the overall problem.

Have you been reading this same thread that I have? Semantics? How did you come to that conclusion?

The bird is BORED.

I told you OCD doesn’t exist in birds, a neurological thing. That the behavior you’re worried about is because of environmental conditions.

A bird has to be let out of the cage and STIMULATED, some birds more time out than others. There’s no rule as to how much time.

Shifting food bowls around and providing different toys isn’t a substitute for this.

And if you read ALL my replies then you should have read that he gets out of cage time TWICE every day!

The thread topic does NOT mean I think he really has human OCD.
GET REAL.

I dont think you have any idea what it’s like dealing with multiple birds.

When you have 8 or 10 birds in your own home come back and tell me how easy it is juggling out of cage time for all of them

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
it is difficult I agree. I simply could not manage if mine didn't get along .

I think moving his cage away from the twins will also help. Its a lot if stress in him to be in a pairs territory.

Take him on car rides. Maybe give him a bedroom for his own burd room. Training some simple tricks. Keep working on foraging. This can be just putting a sheet of paper over his bowl, then putting cut up toys ir shredded paper over his food.

Getting up a half hour earlier abd have that be you 2 time together.

Keep working on having them out yogeyher but far apart 4-8 feet. I think its still possible to improve in thst area.

Rolling the cage outside when weather is nice. Really improving mental health getting outside.

Tips to eating more veggies. Food can be a big stimulus
https://threebirdsandacloud.wordpre...parrot-to-eat-vegetables-or-unfamiliar-foods/

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Dear members, this thread has been closed as per texsize's request. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts