Does this cage look good?

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
I'm shopping for a big parrotlet cage, and found this on amazon, does it look good?
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canary-Parakeet-Cockatiel-LoveBird-Finch/dp/B005CRW0HM/ref=zg_bs_2975226011_9]Amazon.com: Canary Parakeet Cockatiel LoveBird Finch Bird Cages --18"x14"x60"-*Black: Pet Supplies[/ame]

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
If you switch out the dowel perches it will be perfect. How many Parrotlets are you putting in it?

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
yup switch out the dowels for natural wood and rope perches and it would be food for one parrotlet.

OP
BirdSquawk

BirdSquawk

Aug 21, 2012
Parrots
Jack- 5 year old pacific parrotlet
I'm just putting one parrotlet in it, do you think it's okay that it's taller then it is wide?

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
yea its a great cage for one parrotlet it will give him room for many more toys and perches being talller.

skypros

Jan 18, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Parrots
Conure, Cinnamon Green Cheek "Shasta"
Hi, I had a Parrotlet for 5 years (RIP Skylar) and had this cage in black (see link).

And it was a perfect size for my Parrotlet. It is not too small and it also is not too big. I also have a stand for it witch makes it look great in the living room.
Another advantage in this size cage..... is weekly I took it into the bath tub to fully clean it.

Currently I just adopted a Conure, and she is living in the cage....... although I think it is just a little too small for my Conure......

You are going to love your Parrotlet....... They are a really great bird!!

Petco Designer Brown Ranch Style Top Cockatiel Cage - Cockatiel Bird Cage from petco.com

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is also a nice cage...my conure came in this and the only thing I hate is no horizontal bars...but he gets around quite well in it!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pawhut-Large-Metal-Aviary-Stand/dp/B00BZDFYYS/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1390063304&sr=8-12&keywords=bird+cage]Amazon.com: Pawhut Large Metal Bird Cage Aviary w/ Stand - 32" x 18" x 63": Pet Supplies[/ame]

Most Reactions