Dommie and Dad

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
My husband is the only person Dominic trusts. I'd feel hurt, only the relationship has been so good for both of them, I'm really glad they're such great mates. Kim can do *anything* with Dom (who just loves preening his beard for him), while all I get is The Chomp. Oh well. Here's some pics.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Dominic and Dom sure have a great relationship that is obvious
Perhaps your time will come at a later stage, you never know
In the meantime keep interacting with Dominic and hopefully he trust you as well
Lovely pic's
Thanks for sharing

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh those pictures are SO sweet!!! You can tell that Dom is REALLY fond of Kim!

Lovely pictures!!!! :D

OP
Betrisher

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
What's more, you can tell Kim is really fond of Dom. He incites him by telling him 'Never mind those bloody long-tailed overgrown green budgies - you stick with Dad, mate, and he'll look after you'. Hnf! 'Green budgies indeed!'

It's astounding how nervous Dom is when Kim's not there. When he is, Dom will go about his business without raising an eyebrow (or his crest). Otherwise, poor Dom gets nervous and either cranks his crest up to its full height or waddles across his bridge to go back to his cage. He allowed me to pick him up again today and even nestled into my shirt for a little while. Then he bit me and I had to put him down (bites hurt - you should see the scabs all over my forearms). But yeah, all in all everything's looking up! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts