doolie

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
its mothers day may 10 2015
doolie passed away from a stroke
to anyone who doesnt know, doolie was a yellow nape amazon with a crushed skull and one eye. he couldnt fly. i found him left for dead in a cage in a yard with a tarp and a dead bolt on the cage. After "rescueing" him i went back to the house i found him at appartently the owner didnt even know the bird was alive and he said that they threw knumb chucks at him one day to shut him up and thats how the injuries happened they told me a brief history of his life and i went on my way.
because of all the junk he was fed he had super high cholesterol,aniemic and suffered many mini strokes ( i know know what those look like)
just want to say i miss you my little vanilla bean....in your death 6 days later i "rescued" sissy and now shes with you somewhere in the heavens
i cant seem to upload a photo but doolie is my avatar and also in my profile

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Mariar, I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss of Doolie & Sissy. You enriched their lives and showed them what love is, and I believe that those feelings of love stay with them after they cross.
Poor Doolie, what he went through. I'm so glad that his final memories were not of the horrific abuse, but instead of the incredible love that you gave him.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
i cant seem to find my profile pictures otherwise i would have posted some and there are no longer old posts available either.( wish there was a way to get rid of that faint photo bucket banner on my signature) but theres plenty of you on here that might remember thanks for the kind words

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Mariar, my heart goes out to you as you commemorate the lives and mourn the loss of both Doolie and Sissy. I simply cannot imagine the inhumanity of anyone who would torture a beautiful bird like Doolie that way. Thank you for rescuing her and showing her the true meaning of love, just like you did with Sissy, she was the lucky beneficiary of your love too.

Our Admins found an old album of yours in their archives, I don't know if you are already aware of these pics or not ....

The following tutorial might help you to upload some other pics if you'd like to as well ...

I know that Doolie and Sissy would have been greeted by boundless love when they reached the other side, where all our feather babies reside until we can be reunited with them again in love ✨ πŸ™

Most Reactions