bluebird22

Aug 25, 2022
Parrots
Lineolated/barred parakeet -Tyrone/Blueberry
Budgie parakeet - Bibi Sun
My barred parakeet, Tyrone, feet look dry to me. He sometimes bites them lightly like he’s cleaning them. I was reading I need to mist him, he hasn’t taken a liking to getting wet so I don’t force it? Maybe I need to?
He’s also maulting right now. He’s very active and playful. Eating and drinking.

I was reading that if they bite their feet it could be a parasite? He doesn’t do it incessantly. And there are no scabs or wounds just dry.

I have included a picture. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 337963D3-0B11-42D5-B406-38DFF51DDBB1.jpeg
    337963D3-0B11-42D5-B406-38DFF51DDBB1.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 57

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Looks fine to me. Birds sometimes have scaly feet. As long as it isn't crusty or rough, and there is no bleeding, I wouldn't be concerned. For my flock, I usually apply a bit of coconut oil. It works.

Last edited:
OP
B

bluebird22

Aug 25, 2022
Parrots
Looks fine to me. Birds sometimes have scaly feet. As long as it isn't crusty or rough, and there is bleeding, I wouldn't be concerned. For my flock, I usually apply a bit of coconut oil. It works.
Thanks so much for your reply! Coconut oil is natures remedy!!! I appreciate the recommendation, I will try it out

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
Looks fine to me. Birds sometimes have scaly feet. As long as it isn't crusty or rough, and there is no bleeding, I wouldn't be concerned. For my flock, I usually apply a bit of coconut oil. It works.
Yes the coconut oil works very well. A birds expert advised me once to apply it on Mathew’s feet twice - three times a day. His feet became better &healthier 👍🏻.

OP
B

bluebird22

Aug 25, 2022
Parrots
Yes the coconut oil works very well. A birds expert advised me once to apply it on Mathew’s feet twice - three times a day. His feet became better &healthier 👍🏻.
I gave Tyrone his first shower today (boy did he look grumpy) and that seemed to also help a lot. His feet are more pink, less grey and scaly.

Attachments

• 4A811E3B-D55E-4F48-9DEB-464641E321C5.jpeg
    4A811E3B-D55E-4F48-9DEB-464641E321C5.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 57

Most Reactions

Latest posts