Duchess and Moses (German Shepherd and Eclectus

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello I had one pic removed i hope these pics will be ok on the non feathered pets.
Duchess (13 year old german shepherd and Moses 3 year old ecky are best friends.
i found out about 18 months ago that they wish to sleep in the same room and at the same time usually about 7:30 pm and up at day break:) so the night time cage and the cushion bed for duchess is in our master bedroom as they wish to watch us as we go to sleep:)
Duchess was diagnosed with Mat Cell Tumor yesterday but handling it ok, as she already takes pain meds in am and pm for her hip dysplasia ) i hope you like these kindred spirits:)
God Bless God's Creations big and small (duch is 90 lbs and moses 1 pound:) in the afternoon Moses will speak in my wife's voice Duchy want to go out...Duchy want to go for car ride:))

1672342161741.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I always look forward to your posts. You have so much love in your home! I'm sorry about the news for Duchess ❤️

My dog Maynard is 12; she had a tumor removed a few months ago that also was a mast cell tumor. So now it's a waiting game to see when it returns and where, hopefully not for a good long while I hope.

Maynard and my Quaker parrot are buddies too - they train together, things like "touch" and "come!" - and it makes me laugh that Maynard will accept teeny pieces of pine nuts for her reward.

I LOVE that Moses speaks in your wife's voice to Duchess!! That is the sweetest thing ever! 😍😍 Does Duchess get up to go out when Moses asks? :)

I hope Duchess stays comfortable for a very very long time yet! She's beautiful, and Moses too 🥰

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
I always look forward to your posts. You have so much love in your home! I'm sorry about the news for Duchess ❤️

My dog Maynard is 12; she had a tumor removed a few months ago that also was a mast cell tumor. So now it's a waiting game to see when it returns and where, hopefully not for a good long while I hope.

Maynard and my Quaker parrot are buddies too - they train together, things like "touch" and "come!" - and it makes me laugh that Maynard will accept teeny pieces of pine nuts for her reward.

I LOVE that Moses speaks in your wife's voice to Duchess!! That is the sweetest thing ever! 😍😍 Does Duchess get up to go out when Moses asks? :)

I hope Duchess stays comfortable for a very very long time yet! She's beautiful, and Moses too 🥰
Hello Thank you for your kind words.
The forum said they will remove the pic of Duchess since some consider her a predator:( sorry to hear that:(
Duchess has already learned that Moses will trick her and ask her if she wants to go out:) now she looks at Moses and my wife to see who is asking her to go out:) I am retired police horse / police K-9 So Duchess is used to car rides and got into the habit of 2pm:) so Moses eats lunch from about 12pm to 1:30 pm so at 2 we all load up in the van i bought for Duchess since her hips do not work very well:( the Vet did not recommend the mast cell tumor to be removed from her right rear leg because the tumor is not growing and the surgery would hamper her from walking . So like you mentioned we must wait and see.....since Duchess takes pain meds in am and pm, she appears to have no pain but is sleeping much more:) and sometimes i do see her running in her dreams when asleep :) .So again thank you for your post and God Bless and Merry Christmas 2022 and Happy New Year 2023

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
How is Duchess doing now? I hope you all had a lovely holiday!
Hello
Duchess is better today.
We had to cancel all our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans as we did not wish to leave Duchess alone, even to go to church.
She was weak for 2 days.
She appears to be stronger the past few days as Love is the perfect medicine.
Thank you for your concern stay well and Happy New Year 2023:)
God Bless
Larry azflcowboy

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Love is the perfect medicine
Isn't this the truth??!?!?! I bet she just soaked it up over the holiday!

My former dog had a brain tumor, and every winter he would slow down so much I thought it would be his last. Then every spring he found a pep in his step again! I hope Duchess got spoiled enough over Christmas to get her through for a long time to come ❤️

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Isn't this the truth??!?!?! I bet she just soaked it up over the holiday!

My former dog had a brain tumor, and every winter he would slow down so much I thought it would be his last. Then every spring he found a pep in his step again! I hope Duchess got spoiled enough over Christmas to get her through for a long time to come ❤️
Hello and Thank you so much for your comments
Yes Duchess seems to be affected by the cold as you probably know germand shepherds have hip problems ,and Duchess will be 13 soon:(
the cancer does not help, but as you said Love goes a long way
thank you again and Happy New Year 2023 God Bless
Larry axflcowboy

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad that Duchess is feeling better, what a beautiful and sweet girl she is:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts