Easy, simple parakeet treat recipes!

ThoseTwoKeets

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Parrots
Two parakeets.
These are a few very simple parakeet treat recipes.
They have no measurements, so as long as you have a bowl, a spoon, an oven, and the needed food items you're set!

Bird bread:
Muffin pan (mini or normal)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Chia seeds
Flour
1 egg
Water
Sugar
Grated carrots
Seeds

Mix flour and water until you get a pretty thin mix, and add sugar, grated carrots, egg, and seeds, and pour into mini muffin pan (or normal sized muffin pan). Sprinkle chia seeds onto uncooked bird bread top and cook for about 8-12 minutes.

Chicken cake (for chickens but also edible for parakeets):
Heat oven to 350 degrees, use bread pan.
Sugar
Wild bird seed
Mealworms
Chopped strawberries
Chopped apples
Chopped bananas
Flour
Water

Mix water and flour until you get a thin consistency, add the rest of the ingredients and pour into bread pan. Cook for 10-20 minutes.

Parakeet omelet:
Need a stove and a pan, the pan can't be non-stick.

4 eggs
Mixed frozen vegetables, unfrozen of course
Grated carrots
Cooked instant rice

Whisk eggs, mix in ingredients, cook on pan as you would any other omelet with small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking.

Parakeet salad:
Grass (no trace of any chemical on it, can't be near any chemicals or the road.)
Chopped grapes
Lettuce
Chopped watermelon
Grated carrots

Mix ingredients and serve.

Simple parakeet treat:

Small spoonful of sunflower butter
Parakeet seeds
Spoonful of honey
Flour
1 egg
Water
Oats

Mix all ingredients until you have a slightly sticky, thick mix that easily squeezes out of a plastic bag and stays in whatever shape you put it. Cook for 6-10 minutes.

That's it! I hope your parakeet(s) enjoys at least one of these recipes!:blue2:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Caroline, thank you so much for sharing your recipes! We don't get nearly enough budgie beak oriented cuisine instructions. My bigger birds would also be delighted with any of these recipes.

OP
ThoseTwoKeets

ThoseTwoKeets

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Parrots
Two parakeets.
I will probably post more soon. I find it very fun to make bird treats for parakeets, since there aren't many recipes out there.:)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks for the recipes! Quick and simple too for people on the go :) I love this, there's so much that those tiny beaks are too small for, but this is perfect! I've got to try it.

OP
ThoseTwoKeets

ThoseTwoKeets

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Parrots
Two parakeets.
OP
ThoseTwoKeets

ThoseTwoKeets

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Parrots
Two parakeets.
Thanks for the recipes! Quick and simple too for people on the go :) I love this, there's so much that those tiny beaks are too small for, but this is perfect! I've got to try it.

I'm glad you like them!

I hope your parrots enjoy them. All of the things I make are easy for parakeets to nibble, because Mika and Bogi can't stand having to bite into things. So everything they eat I need to chop or grate or it's very easy for parakeets to eat.:D

whitewing607

Feb 22, 2016
These are a few very simple parakeet treat recipes.
They have no measurements, so as long as you have a bowl, a spoon, an oven, and the needed food items you're set!

Bird bread:
Muffin pan (mini or normal)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Chia seeds
Flour
1 egg
Water
Sugar
Grated carrots
Seeds

Mix flour and water until you get a pretty thin mix, and add sugar, grated carrots, egg, and seeds, and pour into mini muffin pan (or normal sized muffin pan). Sprinkle chia seeds onto uncooked bird bread top and cook for about 8-12 minutes.

Chicken cake (for chickens but also edible for parakeets):
Heat oven to 350 degrees, use bread pan.
Sugar
Wild bird seed
Mealworms
Chopped strawberries
Chopped apples
Chopped bananas
Flour
Water

Mix water and flour until you get a thin consistency, add the rest of the ingredients and pour into bread pan. Cook for 10-20 minutes.

Parakeet omelet:
Need a stove and a pan, the pan can't be non-stick.

4 eggs
Mixed frozen vegetables, unfrozen of course
Grated carrots
Cooked instant rice

Whisk eggs, mix in ingredients, cook on pan as you would any other omelet with small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking.

Parakeet salad:
Grass (no trace of any chemical on it, can't be near any chemicals or the road.)
Chopped grapes
Lettuce
Chopped watermelon
Grated carrots

Mix ingredients and serve.

Simple parakeet treat:

Small spoonful of sunflower butter
Parakeet seeds
Spoonful of honey
Flour
1 egg
Water
Oats

Mix all ingredients until you have a slightly sticky, thick mix that easily squeezes out of a plastic bag and stays in whatever shape you put it. Cook for 6-10 minutes.

That's it! I hope your parakeet(s) enjoys at least one of these recipes!:blue2:
Thank you for sharing this reminds me that i need to make birdy bread again, had forgotten all about it.

Most Reactions