Eating issues

Yanely

Jul 15, 2022
Parrots
INDIAN RINGNECK
Good morning . I have an Indian ringneck that is 4 months and half . She was born on February 28 2022 . She is adorable , playful but , she doesnā€™t want to stop being feed formula . I give her all type of fruits , vegetables , seeds , she eats just a little of them and she keeps wanting her mayor amount of food from formula . She runs behind me with the little cup I use for formula when I refuse to give it to her . She even behave agresiva when I donā€™t give her the formula because she is hungry . Any advise ? Should I keep feeding her like a baby ? šŸ¤Æ

Attachments

• B4DF4F44-28D7-4F9D-BA9C-CC1CAB13E4C3.jpeg
    B4DF4F44-28D7-4F9D-BA9C-CC1CAB13E4C3.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 53

Squeeing_Onion

Oct 10, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
"Bongo" - Green Cheek Conure
ā€œEchoā€ - Indian Ringneck
"Chicken" - Sun Conure, rest in peace, my precious friend.
I was recently reading about how it's been observed that parrot parents will continue to feed their offspring, even after they are fully fledged out and eating on their own, to comfort them in stressful situations or reward them for good behavior.

I have no answers for how to apply that tidbit, but I thought it might be interesting/useful somehow.

OP
Y

Yanely

Jul 15, 2022
Parrots
INDIAN RINGNECK
I was recently reading about how it's been observed that parrot parents will continue to feed their offspring, even after they are fully fledged out and eating on their own, to comfort them in stressful situations or reward them for good behavior.

I have no answers for how to apply that tidbit, but I thought it might be interesting/useful somehow.
Thank you . I am trying to give her lots of options and reduce the amount of formula , but she love ten formula . šŸ¤Æletā€™s see how it goes . I hope she stops after a while .

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Human kids will do this too, honestly. I think my youngest single-handedly supported the PNW dairy industry when she was being weaned off the bottleā€¦

Itā€™s better to abundance wean than force wean! She wonā€™t be eating baby formula forever, I promise. :)

OP
Y

Yanely

Jul 15, 2022
Parrots
INDIAN RINGNECK
Human kids will do this too, honestly. I think my youngest single-handedly supported the PNW dairy industry when she was being weaned off the bottleā€¦

Itā€™s better to abundance wean than force wean! She wonā€™t be eating baby formula forever, I promise. :)
šŸ˜Š. Thank you for taking your time to respond . I will keep you guys post . ā¤ļø

Most Reactions

Latest posts