Eclectus Pair to a good home

natty3337

Dec 6, 2016
Hello all,

Today I am posting in hopes of finding a good home for my pair of Eclectus parrots. I have (Yogi) a 4 year old male Solomon Islands and (Ruby) a 16 year oldfemale VosMaeri. Ruby came to live with us after her original owner died of cancer after years of treatment that left Ruby neglected. A friend of a friend called me knowing I knew birds and asked if I could take her in. This was 5 years ago, and Ruby has recovered very well from her past traumas although we felt there was still something missing for her. We started shopping for a larger cage and met a woman who had a great cage, but also had a young male her family didn't understand and she was desperate to remove him and all his supplies. So this is how Yogi came to live with us, and he is such a darling sweetheart, we couldn't leave him to live where he was misunderstood. We've had both living together for a year now and they definitely enjoy each other's company, however they're not romantic in any way, which is what we prefer. At this stage in our life my husband and I have a lot of pressing responsibilities with the sobriety recover of both my mother and sister who have been delivered from homeless drug use after over a decade of addiction. This in addition to our 2 year old daughter and full time jobs has left the birds alone most of the day and without adequate stimulation/exercise and we have not been able to feed them as healthfully as they require, often having to spoon out precooked mash and vegetables from the fridge instead of fresh meals each time, which they don't prefer! At the end of day we recognize that according to our standards they are being neglected. For that reason I decided to make this post. I am not listing these guys on Craigslist or any other forum because I know they need to go somewhere better, not worse, and although I've reared Macaws and parrots for almost 15 years, Electus are the most unique birds in respect to to psychology and needs! We are located near Austin, Texas and will be happy to arrange transportation within 300 miles of our location for the perfect home for our feathered friends. Our rehoming fee of $2,500 will include 2 very large cages, large activity center, birdy backpack, pvc perches, training supplies, supplements, toys, and most importantly, Ruby and Yogi. I can't upload photos on here very easily, but can email upon request. :red::green2:

Attachments

• IMG_1929193418.jpg
    IMG_1929193418.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 556
  • 20160405_155323.jpg
    20160405_155323.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 350
  • FB_IMG_1455029307524.jpg
    FB_IMG_1455029307524.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 434
  • 20160211_164952.jpg
    20160211_164952.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 414
  • 20160215_170625.jpg
    20160215_170625.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 351
Last edited by a moderator:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Let me just say that I wish you and your family the best with your mother and sister's sobriety recovery. It's great that you and your husband are giving them the support that they need to get through this difficult time.

I'm also bumping this post since it might've been missed the first time around. Hoping one of our members can give these two ekkies a loving forever home.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
I wish the best to you and your family; I normally dont respond to these posts but I know all too well the horrors of addiction and how misunderstood and frowned upon it is, even though it is no less an illness than is cancer. Those who suffer through it understand what that means, and I hope she lives life happily and hope the path down sobriety is long and wonderful. Good luck!

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
I will try to think of who I know near Austin, just in case. You and your family will be in my prayers, sobriety is a tricky road to travel, a delicate dance.

Most Reactions