Eclectus Parrot Bread

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Good Day:) What is the deal on Parrot Bread? Do we need to bake eclectus parrot bread? What is the recommended safe ingredients
I ask this as i read posts about making parrot bread:)
I have about a cup worth of left over Topps pellets, mostly powder left in the pellet feed bowl which i have in Moses daytime play cage:)
the powder is in a sealed container and may be as much as 2 weeks old.
Any advice from my brother and sister Ecky folks?
thank you so much by the way you all are so special to me and Moses:)
however we did have bad news yesterday as Moses Best Friend besides me and my wife is our 13 year german shepherd who was diagnosed with Mast Cell Tumor Cancer:( i think Moses will miss Duchess and be in pain more than I :(
life goes on as I am not stranger to cancer, my wife passed 18 years ago from breast cancer:(
I wish i could post the two of them together but that is against rules of parrot forum (and i understand about posting a dog in the pic)
thank you all again and God Bless and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Attachments

• b3014f35f39faddc748b9f9f4276773a.jpg
    b3014f35f39faddc748b9f9f4276773a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 44

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I love making birdie bread for my guys. I don't really have a specific recipe, more just a little of this and some of that, you know? There's a sticky in the Food Recipes and Diet forum that has some great ideas you could start with.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dutchess. It's always hard. We do the best we can to care for them and at the end, give them comfort, so they know how much they're loved, as she clearly is. If you wish to share pictures of just her, we have another sub forum for NonFeathered pets, and we do love pictures. She sounds like a remarkable dog/companion/friend! :)

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
I love making birdie bread for my guys. I don't really have a specific recipe, more just a little of this and some of that, you know? There's a sticky in the Food Recipes and Diet forum that has some great ideas you could start with.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dutchess. It's always hard. We do the best we can to care for them and at the end, give them comfort, so they know how much they're loved, as she clearly is. If you wish to share pictures of just her, we have another sub forum for NonFeathered pets, and we do love pictures. She sounds like a remarkable dog/companion/friend! :)
Hello Thank you so much...we are just blessed that she is still a happy girl and apparently in not much pain, although for the past year she receives pain meds in am and pm for her hip displasia, thank you and God Bless i shall check out the link non feathered friends (did not know that)

Most Reactions