Eclectus vs derbyan (or alex) and daily life with an eclectus!

izzieschickies

Oct 3, 2021
Hey guys! Just doing some more research via the forums and this time I’m interested in the comparison between those two species but just as much I am interested in how you babies spend their day, do they like to just hang out and chill with you, play like crazy or spend hours looking for nesting places?

Thanks for your replies!!!

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hi, my Ekkie sees me as his play ground/mum he runs around me most days, nibbling, ears, nose , fingers, freckles, jewellery, buttons, eventually I’ll lift him up and he will sit peacefully on my hand for a while preening and occasionally sleeping, or on my chest napping..then he steps off and goes to his stands To play..if I get up to leave the room, he will fly to my shoulder in the hope he can sit there and watch me hoover or wash up. He knows his cage is his space and he plays in there for about 4 hours a day, (plus night) the rest he is out causing havoc with me or the house. I once read they were stoic, calm,steady peaceful birds. But hes often like a child on smarties, & will often let me know that I’m disturbing his fun.
when hubby is here, he just chills with him On his knee.

Last edited:
OP
I

izzieschickies

Oct 3, 2021
Hi, my Ekkie sees me as his play ground/mum he runs around me most days, nibbling, ears, nose , fingers, freckles, jewellery, buttons, eventually I’ll lift him up and he will sit peacefully on my hand for a while preening and occasionally sleeping, or on my chest napping..then he steps off and goes to his stands To play..if I get up to leave the room, he will fly to my shoulder in the hope he can sit there and watch me hoover or wash up. He knows his cage is his space and he plays in there for about 4 hours a day, (plus night) the rest he is out causing havoc with me or the house. I once read they were stoic, calm,steady peaceful birds. But hes often like a child on smarties, & will often let me know that I’m disturbing his fun.
when hubby is here, he just chills with him On his knee.
Oh he sounds like quite the character!
That’s what I heard to do I wanted to get some first hand knowledge!

Most Reactions