Elvira: Introducing to 2nd Conure

Elviraion

Oct 21, 2022
GA
Parrots
Turquoise Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure
Moon Cheek -- Green Cheek Conure
Hello All,

Elvira has been settling into her home nicely. She's really come around and communicates well.

I have gotten a second conure for her, a Moon Cheek male, that I've named Tico. They've been in separate cages side by side for a little bit over two weeks after the quaratine period. They talk to each other all the time between the cages.

Tonight was the first time I had them out together on opposite hands. They were very interested in one another but once they got close enough they started beaking one another on the beak in an aggressive manner.

I separated them and they're okay with being a short distance from one another outside of the cage and I've been using treats that have helped because the new bird does not do veggies, or treats like Elvira does so seeing him copy her was pretty neat.

Any more tips on introducing GCC's to one another? All the information I'm reading online has been conflicting.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MoonCheek032.jpeg
    MoonCheek032.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 34

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I don't have much advice as I've never introduced another Conure but came here to say both of your babies are just so cute! It does sound like you are on the right track with letting them slowly get used to one another. Maybe they just need more time before they are ready to get closer. I hope they will get along!

Most Reactions