English Budgie (ISO)

Leslieemariee23

Oct 29, 2021
Parrots
Budgies, Lovebirds, Linnies, Parrotlets, Conures, Indian Ringnecks, Eclectus, Macaws, Cockatiels, etc.
Hi everyone,

We are in Colorado and we are looking for either a young ADULT pair (male and female) of English Budgies that are still of breeding age. Or some baby English Budgies , from separate clutches.

Does any one have any suggestions for me?

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Do you hv any birds rescues near you there is a high probability they have some I see alot of budgies rehomed so if I was to look anywhere that's where I would look

OP
Leslieemariee23

Leslieemariee23

Oct 29, 2021
Parrots
Budgies, Lovebirds, Linnies, Parrotlets, Conures, Indian Ringnecks, Eclectus, Macaws, Cockatiels, etc.
Do you hv any birds rescues near you there is a high probability they have some I see alot of budgies rehomed so if I was to look anywhere that's where I would look
Well a problem is we ARE a bird rescue/sanctuary. We have a female english budgie who lost her mate and we are wanting to find her another. They were sitting on eggs when he passed away and she then discarded her eggs. We'd like to help her out.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
O
Well a problem is we ARE a bird rescue/sanctuary. We have a female english budgie who lost her mate and we are wanting to find her another. They were sitting on eggs when he passed away and she then discarded her eggs. We'd like to help her out.
Oh I see well that is a problem I'll do some digging and see what I can find to help your female English budgie

OP
Leslieemariee23

Leslieemariee23

Oct 29, 2021
Parrots
O

Oh I see well that is a problem I'll do some digging and see what I can find to help your female English budgie
I do appreciate that.
I am also waiting to hear back from numerous locations nationwide so, I've been trying my hardest.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I do appreciate that.
I am also waiting to hear back from numerous locations nationwide so, I've been trying my hardest.
That's good well keep trying and Yw I'll always help a bird in need

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
So I do have a place in mind I'm not quite sure if they have English budgies right now It's Royal Wings Aviary. You have to email to find out. And then there is jc aviary in Texas they might have some but I highly doubt it.

OP
Leslieemariee23

Leslieemariee23

Oct 29, 2021
Parrots
So I do have a place in mind I'm not quite sure if they have English budgies right now It's Royal Wings Aviary. You have to email to find out. And then there is jc aviary in Texas they might have some but I highly doubt it.
Royal Wings does not want to ship, and we cannot make a trip at the moment. And i have yet to hear back from JC aviary.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
Royal Wings does not want to ship, and we cannot make a trip at the moment. And i have yet to hear back from JC aviary.
Have you checked petfinder? If not the bird shelter an hour and a half from me might look up Fargo ND bird shelter. You'll find it. if they don't have an English budgie then Im outta ideas but they must, because rn they have 60+ budgies. .

OP
Leslieemariee23

Leslieemariee23

Oct 29, 2021
Parrots
Have you checked petfinder?
Yes. Like i said i am still waiting on others to respond back via email or call.
Thanks for the assistance!

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Have you looked on craigslist or hoobly? English budgies pop up pretty frequently (unfortunately) on craigslist in my area. Not as frequently as American budgies but it's still pretty often.

Do you know why the male passed away? Your female may need to be checked out before adding a new bird. It sounds like you want to breed this female? If I'm right then just because she is broody (was) doesn't mean she'd make a good mom- she may not know how to feed the chick's and have to rely on you to do everything. If you are a rescue I assume you are aware of how many budgies are being rehomed?

If youre not looking to breed I know alot of American budgies and English budgies make great companions.

ImHO I think it's a great idea to get her a friend once she is checked so she can have company and to help her grieve the loss of her mate.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts