Enzymatic Pet Mess Cleaner - safe for birds

foxmacaw

May 6, 2022
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold baby macaw
Hi all!

We're a multi-pet household. Our oldest Golden Retriever has had a bout of digestive issues this week resulting in several very nasty messes. We've been in the habit of using Nature's Miracle Extra Strength formula, but WOW that stuff is chemically smelling. We've been careful not to spray it near our new baby macaw, and to turn over the air in the house when we do use it.

I know the safest thing to do would be to use natural ingredients like vinegar/lemon juice to clean, but oh wow. When a dog leaves a lake of diarrhea or vomit on the rug... you want something strong. Are there any fragrance-free enzymatic cleaners that can be safely used in close proximity to the bird?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Hi all!

We're a multi-pet household. Our oldest Golden Retriever has had a bout of digestive issues this week resulting in several very nasty messes. We've been in the habit of using Nature's Miracle Extra Strength formula, but WOW that stuff is chemically smelling. We've been careful not to spray it near our new baby macaw, and to turn over the air in the house when we do use it.

I know the safest thing to do would be to use natural ingredients like vinegar/lemon juice to clean, but oh wow. When a dog leaves a lake of diarrhea or vomit on the rug... you want something strong. Are there any fragrance-free enzymatic cleaners that can be safely used in close proximity to the bird?
Oxyfresh makes a cleaner that is safe for birds. I believe they have a no-rinse liquid and also one that is more soapy (the labeling has changed since I bought my current bottle so I'm not sure what they're called). I've used it on carpet and I actually like it better than Nature's Miracle (I never liked the smell of that).

I have other dog/cat fluid cleaners I like (Anti-Icky-Poo is my favorite) but I haven't checked their safety yet since my current dog hasn't been an issue in that sense (yet!).

Most Reactions

Latest posts