Errol and Flynn

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Today I was doing some sorting out in Errol, Flynn and George' cage, at first Errol and Flynn were getting really freaked out by it all, but then they all come over to me and sat on my arm, I was so happy. I was the cause of all the dissruption in their home but they chose to come to me knowing that I wouldn't hurt them.

It was fantastic, I really felt like they had learnt to trust me no matter what I was doing to their cage. They didn't have to come to me, they could have gone to the bottom part of the cage as they used to do. It is a real wonderful feeling to know that they have learnt to trust a human again, but more importantly they have chosen to accept and trust this human. It is truly amazing the difference that George has made to them. He has never been through the hardship and suffering that Errol and Flynn have so he is more trusting of me.

All the time that I was sorting out the cage they stayed right with me on my arm, It did make things a little difficult at times but what the heck, and it took twice as long, but hey they have learnt to trust again. It has certainly been a long hard struggle, but every day of that has been worth it. They will even let me stroke their heads and backs now which I never thought I would ever be able to do. They are still not too keen on coming out of the cage, but they sit in the open door way now and watch everything from there. Sometimes they will come out have a quick fly around then go straight to the door way again. Maybe today I will try to get them on my arm again and see if they want to come out that way, wouldn't that be something.

As you can imagine I am over the moon, so happy for them.

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
You are officially the 'flock leader'. Congratulations on your promotion.:57:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Dave said:
You are officially the 'flock leader'. Congratulations on your promotion.:57:

:jumping40 I have to say I am over the moon with the promotion, its one that I never thought would come and its been a real hard slog, but one thats also been well worth the wait. :jumping40

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Alison said:
See, persistence and patience does pay off in the end. :D

Aint that the truth, I can honestly say that every day has been well worth the many tears I have shed over them. I am just so happy.

Most Reactions