May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
My budgie Stormy escaped his aviary today, idk how. Its windy but he planted himself in a pine tree. Picasso was calling hom but then he stopped responding. I am pitting up lost bird posters and Im so worried. plz helpπŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear of Stormy's escape!

Have you yet listed on Parrot Alert 911? Many lost birds are reunited with their owners through that service, including some among our own Forum community. Their link is included below...

https://www.parrotalert.com/

These links contain lots of other great hints and tips for retrieval too...

http://www.parrotforums.com/lost-found/49129-bring-them-home-tips-locating-lost-bird.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7...LTg/view?resourcekey=0-3YLXv0V90USzpVqi2aN2kw

You can also make up old-fashioned paper flyers to pop into mail boxes in your neighbourhood. I got an Indian ringneck back on the same day with this method many years ago. Alert local Facebook community groups, pet shops and ALL local veterinary clinics, not just the avian ones, just in case someone hands him in.

I hope that you and Stormy are reunited very soon!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So sorry to hear Stormy escaped, hope you are swiftly reunited. Definitely a group neighborhood effort and you're off to a good start.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
He is back!!! And I have a new budgie Pepper������
Here is his story:
After he escaped he flew around for a bit, then, 4 days later ended up at a campsite near me. The police were called, and they caught him. He was brought to the Springfield Humane Society, and placed into a foster home. A lady who had been looking at him on the site saw my posters and called us. She told us she thought it was Stormy so we looked on the site, and it looked just like him!!! We called the foster home and they said they?d love to have us over!!!!! I picked him up an hour ago, and all the budgies missed him! Im so grateful to everyone who made this possible❀️❀️❀️

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh how fantastic, the best news possible!! And how wonderful he encountered so many kind people on his adventures who were keen to do the right thing and get him back to his rightful home! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you :D :D :D Welcome home Stormy!!!

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Oh that is wonderful news, im so glad you got him back! :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

A truly amazing outcome for wayward budgie! So happy for positive outcome, thank you for updating with welcome news.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Thank you!!! Im so glad I got him desensitized to the outdoors! He is currently being preened by Picasso, we are all very happy to have him home, it felt like the odds were against us at first!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Sadly the odds are against reunification, but there is always hope. This is why we encourage folks to immediately take aggressive measures notifying everyone within a reasonable radius. We especially appreciate you and others sharing a happy conclusion as it gives hope to all who follow.

Most Reactions

Latest posts