Ever have one of these days???

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I'm sure everyone of us have had *those days*...the days you wished you had stayed in bed.

well, yesterday was *one of those days* I SHOULD have stayed under the covers.....oh boy.:eek: ~~ this is long~

so many unexplainable things went wrong yesterday, the bad stars were aligned yesterday to have it in for me, and were going to get me....

I get out of bed yesterday,(I'm half asleep) dropped my inhaler, it was dark, I grab my flashlight to find it, which I couldn't, so I grab my spare one.

I come out into the livingroom, to find not 1 but 2 cats ontop of the budgie cage(a huge NO NO), then they jump off the cage and send it flying into the wall....sending my budgies into a state of sheer panic....sigh

I let the dogs out of their crate, go to open the patio door so they can relieve themselves, and trip on the carpet and almost go face first into the wall...holy cow....I haven't even had my coffee yet.:rolleyes:

coffee maker needed filling....sigh, a new box of coffee had to be opened....ok, these are little things, but they all add up in a five minute span:eek:

I'm eating my breakfast and out of nowhere I have an asthma attack with food in my mouth(that has always been a HUGE concern for me), and damn near choked to death....but managed to get thru that one ok, whew....

I decide to take Safari's metal samples down to the vets(a 45 minute drive on the highway)....I had to fill up with gas, all the pumps were taken and at least 2 cars waiting at every pump....ok, I'll go to the *other* gas station.

I usually "pay at the pump"....well today it wouldn't read my card....of course not, what else is going to go wrong??...right??....

I finally get my gas, and go on my merry way. I'm almost to the highway and I went to spray my windows with washer fluid....nothing..... try again....nothing....again??? geez I must be empty.(my indicator was not on though)

I stop off at another gas station, only to find out they are all out, and waiting for the delivery....ok, take a deeeeep breath Beth....

there was a station across the street. I purchase two jugs, fill it up still nothing....they were working fine yesterday.:rolleyes:

so I decide to plod along and try to make it down to the vets....

the roads were a little wet from having snow the night before but it was a very sunny day, so I decided to take a chance....after everything that has happened this morning, maybe something might go right for a change....ha ha on me:32:

I drove maybe 25 minutes, and my window was quite dirty and decided not to chance it any longer.So I turned around, got back onto the highway, and I had to stop off at 3 gas stations on the way home to clean my windows, just so I could make it home. talk about a waste of time, frustration and gas.

the worst part is I couldn't get the metal samples in to have them tested:(

Dave(my hubby) was working from home that day, he looked at the lines etc....couldn't figure out what the issue was, so we called Midas, who is just up the street.

we take my truck in, and of course it worked fine in the shop....of course!!
by this time I'm pulling my hair out, ready to be taken away in a straight jacket.....but it gets worse.

while up on the hoist they discover I have a huge leak in my transmission line and leaking fluid like crazy.....

we will be getting that repaired by the end of the month.

I come home after picking up my truck, only to find my GS Harley, caught in a branch (his collar got caught)....and was standing there looking all very innocent,guilty and sad at the same time.

I'm sure I accumulated 10 more grey hairs, a few more worry lines, and a "I give up attitude"

yes, for sure it was *one of those days*, and hindsight would have been greatly appreciated BEFORE I got out of bed :rolleyes:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So, did you have a good day yesterday, Beth? :54: :eek:

DUCKS for cover!!!!

I am SO sorry. Holy smokes, everything that could have gone wrong, did. :eek:

I sure hope today is a MUCH much better day for you. :) HUGS!!!!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
So, did you have a good day yesterday, Beth? :54: :eek:

DUCKS for cover!!!!

I am SO sorry. Holy smokes, everything that could have gone wrong, did. :eek:

I sure hope today is a MUCH much better day for you. :) HUGS!!!!

believe it or not your first comment made me chuckle:D

other than Motley(our dachshund/JR) ate Sarahs lunch for school, and my cat threw up on the carpet....sure my day is going GREAT:rolleyes:

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
WOW, that was a rough day for sure. You should have gotten back into bed and then got up on the other side of the bed and see if that would make a difference:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, hoping that the next month will be problem free. Maybe you got it all out of the way in one day:)
Maybe the washer fluid was a blessing in disguise - if you hadn't found out about the leak, you may have lost your transmission (looking for a silver lining here, had to look hard):)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Wow, hoping that the next month will be problem free. Maybe you got it all out of the way in one day:)
Maybe the washer fluid was a blessing in disguise - if you hadn't found out about the leak, you may have lost your transmission (looking for a silver lining here, had to look hard):)

yup, later when things calmed down, I thought of that as well:rolleyes:

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Last night I fell out of my bed and hit my head on my dresser in the middle of the night.

OUCH! are you ok, or do you have a nugget?

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
It sounds like one of those days Beth that you have to act more like a duck than a parrot, and just shake that water off your back. And as bad as it was, nobody got hurt, and nobody was sick. I always find this time of year is the most stressful for me, and I know I'm not alone, plus the shorter days don't help and the lack of sunshine. Anyways... it's a new day :)

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
Yes, this past weekend, was the "weekend from hell" for us too. I know, when it rains, it pours.

Sorry about your lousy day Crimson. Hope you have some better days ahead.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
It sounds like one of those days Beth that you have to act more like a duck than a parrot, and just shake that water off your back. And as bad as it was, nobody got hurt, and nobody was sick. I always find this time of year is the most stressful for me, and I know I'm not alone, plus the shorter days don't help and the lack of sunshine. Anyways... it's a new day :)

your right, nothing *serious* happened or life threatening, I just wanted to rant, which I rarely do:rolleyes:

Calace

May 16, 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Parrots
GCC- Ollie 3.9.13.
Cockatiels- RIP Charlie 2012, Zac 2006.
You sure deserved a good rant after a day like that! Yikes!
Must be the time of year for it, seems like a few of us have had a bad run :(
I was witness (literally 6 meters from) a fatal motorbike accident a week and a half ago. As a nurse my first instinct was to rush over and help of course! I was there for an hour and a half until the ambulance left. Unfortunately his injuries were too severe and he passed away at the hospital.
Had a few teary days, very different witnessing it happen than just having a patient brought to you! Plus I had my kids with me (thankfully they didn't see it happen and an old friend of mine turned up and took them to a McDonalds down the road while I continued to help)
I later found out that the man was a good friend of my husband's family and had taught both my husband and brother during their carpentry apprenticeships! There were ALOT of "coincidences" that day, I know I was there for a reason!

Praying we ALL have a very merry and blessed Christmas and treasure those we have around us! :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh my gosh!!!! You should of just stayed in bed :eek:

Don't you hate those kinda days :20:

2 days ago i was very accident prone, woke up, slammed my finger in the door, cut my finger on the knife, then got a massive splinter deep in my finger :31:

The past few months have all been sad for me, actually this year was a pretty bad year... You wouldn't think so, but this year was horrible :eek:

Been in and out of vets with Kitai since july, now they are so worried and in 8 weeks if he hasn't shown signs of improvement and getting worse i think they are going to suggest he gets put down :/ Don't think i could cope with that!

Then my nana has been in and out of hospital all year as well and now the doctors say she doesn't have long...

So you could imagine how upset everyone is, and it's almost christmas.. So not very a merry one :rolleyes:

Then lots of uni problems, and the little adventures of horses jumping out of paddocks and birds up a tree.. Massive chest problems, massive knee problems, which, 4 months later, have still not fixed and my knees are still numb.. Then massive abdomen bruising... This year was intense... :eek:

It's funny, if i didn't have animals, i would have nothinggggg to worry about, never have a problem... But i know without my animals, i don't think i could live !

You gotta have a little badness, to appreciate the goodness :rolleyes:

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009

Always words to live by, without rain, you'd never fully appreciate sunshine.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
You can't have a rainbow without rain hahahaha

I listen to the ricky gervais show, radio show, podcasts, guide to's.. Basically everything... have like 80 hours of him, steve and karl... But, Karl always says those quotes, he is a wise man ;)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Oh my gosh!!!! You should of just stayed in bed :eek:

Don't you hate those kinda days :20:

2 days ago i was very accident prone, woke up, slammed my finger in the door, cut my finger on the knife, then got a massive splinter deep in my finger :31:

The past few months have all been sad for me, actually this year was a pretty bad year... You wouldn't think so, but this year was horrible :eek:

Been in and out of vets with Kitai since july, now they are so worried and in 8 weeks if he hasn't shown signs of improvement and getting worse i think they are going to suggest he gets put down :/ Don't think i could cope with that!

Then my nana has been in and out of hospital all year as well and now the doctors say she doesn't have long...

So you could imagine how upset everyone is, and it's almost christmas.. So not very a merry one :rolleyes:

Then lots of uni problems, and the little adventures of horses jumping out of paddocks and birds up a tree.. Massive chest problems, massive knee problems, which, 4 months later, have still not fixed and my knees are still numb.. Then massive abdomen bruising... This year was intense... :eek:

It's funny, if i didn't have animals, i would have nothinggggg to worry about, never have a problem... But i know without my animals, i don't think i could live !

well said Tab....
makes my crappy yesterday seem insignificant....even though it didn't seem so at the time. I'm sorry hear about your nana....that is very sad:(

yeah, you sure have had your fair share of "issues"....and now your poor horse....do you know what exactly is wrong with him??

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
well said Tab....
makes my crappy yesterday seem insignificant....even though it didn't seem so at the time. I'm sorry hear about your nana....that is very sad:(

yeah, you sure have had your fair share of "issues"....and now your poor horse....do you know what exactly is wrong with him??

Oh alot of things don't seem like that big a deal, when you compare it to people who are very sick or have no house.. But to us these problems are big.. and are significant! It is like when one of our birds die, and SO many people think, who cares, it was just a bird, but it is one of the hardest things to deal with!

Well, Kitai was a racehorse, and then he got infections in his hooves, and no one cared for it..

So now he is 7 years old, the infections have eaten away at the bone in his hooves!

He was at the vets for a full day last week, they did lots of x-rays and examining..

They showed us how the bone is gone, and then how the hoof wall and sole has seperated, so there are all these open spaces in his hooves.. and then he has a big crack down the center which was left untreated, so now its spreading apart and isn't allowing new growth

and then his pedal bone in his hoof has actually rotated, if it keeps rotating then it would push this his sole..

He is then walking on all the sensitive part on his hooves, because his hooves wont grow around the outsides to give him protection!

The vet said he has seen worse hooves, but this is still a bad case.. and he said that he is a very pain tolerant horse haha

So we had a special farrier put intense padding and shoes on him..

and he has to live in a stable basically for a year..

He goes back every 4 weeks to get his shoes re-done, and they said in 8 weeks we SHOULD see improvement.. But if his hoof isn't growing at all, then it's not really kind to have him in pain for the rest of his life, crippling around?

The farriers apprentice added me on facebook, and he told me that the boss head farrier man was very concerned about Kitai :31:

At the vets there were all these interns standing around taking notes about it all, he must of been an interesting case haha

But this has been going on since July, we have been to 4 different vets, and 5 farriers...

But, we know that Kitai will never really be ridden much, even if he does improve and can walk, his hooves wont ever handle full riding pressure, only just very light work !

It is just upsetting, i just want to know if he is going to be ok or not.. Cause no one can say !

He is honestly the sweetest horse i have ever met! :rolleyes:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Your right on how all those little insignificant things add up !! Sometimes I rate my day when things start like that . I think is this "The theme of they day " Which makes the rest of the day hard [because Im supposed to be a really "On" person at work} Which will take a lot of caffeine to even come close :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
You sure deserved a good rant after a day like that! Yikes!
Must be the time of year for it, seems like a few of us have had a bad run :(
I was witness (literally 6 meters from) a fatal motorbike accident a week and a half ago. As a nurse my first instinct was to rush over and help of course! I was there for an hour and a half until the ambulance left. Unfortunately his injuries were too severe and he passed away at the hospital.
Had a few teary days, very different witnessing it happen than just having a patient brought to you! Plus I had my kids with me (thankfully they didn't see it happen and an old friend of mine turned up and took them to a McDonalds down the road while I continued to help)
I later found out that the man was a good friend of my husband's family and had taught both my husband and brother during their carpentry apprenticeships! There were ALOT of "coincidences" that day, I know I was there for a reason!

Praying we ALL have a very merry and blessed Christmas and treasure those we have around us! :)

OH!, that must have been terrible!!!, but your right, you WERE there at that precise moment for a reason, how sad that the accident killed your husbands friend:(...I guess you just never know....

Most Reactions

Latest posts