Exclamation Bird has piece of bell toy wedged onto beak, help!

TweetyConure

Jan 27, 2020
My two year old Green Cheek Conure somehow got the piece from the middle of her bell toy wedged onto the bottom part of her beak. It has a slit on the side where it slides onto the metal ring, and that slit is jammed onto the side of her beak (Like a piercing..) I tried to wiggle it off a little bit but its wedged really bad, and I'm worried I might injure her. Should I leave her to try and get it off, or attempt to remove it myself again, or just contact the vet?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry this happened. Please take her to a vet for removal as soon as possible so they can remove it safely. Please let us know how she's doing and I'm sending wishes for an easy procedure at the vet.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Yes, please take her to the vet right away.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sounds like a job for an avian vet before further injury results. Please keep us updated!

Most Reactions