Experiences with wild animals.

JohnH

Dec 23, 2016
Parrots
Sulphur crested cockatoo
This guy has been visiting my backyard for the past couple weeks. Trying his best to get my koi fish. He actually got past the net and made it into the pond once but he slipped and fell into the deep end. He panicked and splashed around for a little while but eventually was able to get out. I have since blocked the spot where he got in. Hope the video works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230817-162349.png
    Screenshot_20230817-162349.png
    878.2 KB · Views: 13

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
DonnaBudgie and rico_tiel are banned for wearing crocs. oh crap sorry........... wrong thread. But I do mean it.
Do the moose in Alaska have a problem with ticks? In the Northeast there are ticks that infest moose, especially young moose during the winter. Moose have been found with countless thousands of huge blood engorged ticks on them.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I have several stories :D. The first took place at a garbage dump close to Big Whiteshell Lake Resort, at Big Whiteshell Provincial park. We used to go to the resort for years and my aunt Jan would often bring her boyfriend and stay a night or two with us. Well, we decided to visit the garbage dump to watch the bears, a common activity around the parts. Sadly, she, in her low slung car in the 80's, hit a rock and damaged her oil pan, so my dad decided to have her park at the faaaaar end of the dump where no bears were. He slid under the car, telling us, if we saw a bear approaching, yell and he'd pull out. SOme smart aft - probably my aunt - after waiting a while, yells 'BEAR! '. I've never seen two grown men move so fast. Turns out it was a prank and there was no bear approaching. LOL!

Then there was the time six people surrounded a wild bear and her cub. SOme of the city slickers were 6 feet away from the bear. Oy! Everyone got a good look, but it was uncomfortable to say the least.

Then my dad would feed the gulls (and once a heron) his left over bait fish. He was a popular guy with the gulls that week!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This happened some years ago.
there were 2 of them we saw over a period of a few weeks then nothing.
Sorry the picture is so poor, the double pained glass is dirty in between the glass so no amount of cleaning on the outside does the slightest good.
visitor.jpg

The other two pictures are at my mothers place in Souther Oregon.
unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This happened some years ago.
there were 2 of them we saw over a period of a few weeks then nothing.
Sorry the picture is so poor, the double pained glass is dirty in between the glass so no amount of cleaning on the outside does the slightest good.
View attachment 54387
The other two pictures are at my mothers place in Souther Oregon.
View attachment 54388
View attachment 54389
I saw a deer wandering across the street here in Windham Maine outside the Lowe's store last week. We have a lot of deer but nothing like that picture of all those elk (?)! We have lots wild turkeys here. I think they're cool especially when the mama is being followed around by her half grown babies. They come to my bird feeders sometimes and eat the seed that gets knocked to the ground. Such HUGE birds!

Most Reactions

Latest posts