Experiment

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Now I may be a bit crazy but I am trying an experiment and wonder what others may have discovered. I have trained dogs all my adult life and one of the very basic intelligence tests was to see if having showed the puppy something and then hid it behind me they go and find it. Now I have tried this with Syd and up to now he has not bothered at all. I have even tried it with his favourite treat but it does seem that he loses all interest unless it is in front of his face. So is that true of all parrots? I think Syd is pretty bright on the whole and certainly has personality but I do find it interesting that all curiosity seems to disappear when out of sight. They say out of sight out of mind - but I thought that only applied to men - whoops sorry guys!! :love:

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Take care as Parrots choose whether they want to participate. Commonly some kind of reward is required.
Oh goodness yes you are right. It was just an off the cuff thing just to see his reaction and I must admit it was a surprise. I just wondered if that is usual. I have to say he loves to try things as a rule and is never more happy than when are we are up close chatting.

OP
T00tsyd

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Oh goodness yes you are right. It was just an off the cuff thing just to see his reaction and I must admit it was a surprise. I just wondered if that is usual. I have to say he loves to try things as a rule and is never more happy than when are we are up close chatting.
LOL LOL LOL I take it all back. While posting above I suddenly realised that I didn't know where he had gone. I called, unusually he didn't answer, then I realised that he was in my pocket where I had hidden a new delivery of seeds. They were in a little packet - he doesn't get many at a time, and he has quietly bitten a little hole in the packet! I have a pile of seeds in my pocket and he was feasting very quietly. One thing for sure he's not thick!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :love:

Most Reactions

Latest posts