“Fantastic Press-out flying birds” book

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I just got a used book from an eBay seller. It’s called “fantastic press out flying birds”. I thought I could make a cool mobile or maybe study the patterns to make a Quaker parakeet, cockatiel, or Meyers parrot.

I also found some books with patterns and information about sewing bird stuffed animals. I would like to make some pet bird species because I think a lot of people might like a stuffed animal version of a beloved pet bird and you hardly ever find those. I’ve seen a few but only budgies, Amazon parrots, green winged macaws.

I ordered a stuffed animal Quaker parakeet from eBay after Lucy died and it is pretty cute but not terribly realistic. I have some ideas for a really good stuffed animal Quaker which I want to try.

Here’s the book:
image.jpg

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
That’s so cool! Excited to see what you make.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have a rough Quaker Parakeet made, as I noticed most of the bird outlines were the same. So I traced one, altered it, and drew in the landmarks. I need to get my ruler out (oh no!) and check body length vs tail length vs wingspan.
image.jpg

P.s. your Ona avatar is so cute and chunky, she looks like a cartoon bird!

Last edited:
OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
These are supposed to be bird paper airplanes, I see now. Anyhow I will color it in (no green cardstock) and see how it works.

I will also give Willow a good looking over. Lucy was used to being upended and measured for artistic purposes. I think she just thought “more petting!” We’ll see how Willow does.

Now I remember why I bought this book. My nephew loves owls and I thought it would be cool to make him some owl gliders. Well, here we go! He was also a big fan of Lucy, who loathed owls. Good thing the paper Lucy won’t mind.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts