Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love Rhea and am so thrilled she has a wonderful home where she is well taken care of, and loved, despite her illness.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for sharing an amazing story, Shawn! Rhea is so vulnerable and her life would have taken a terribly different direction if not for the loving embrace of Isabella. If only they were all so deeply loved.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I know she's sick, but I'm so encouraged by her owners devotion to keep her comfortable and happy. Just so good, why can't more people be this way?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
possible cure for PBFD

I ran across this article/video when surfing the internet at work (don't tell anyone)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSoJysp99g"]Global 3000 - South Africa: Saving the Cape Parrots (DW) - YouTube[/ame]

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Shawn, thank you for posting Rhea's story. I've been a fan of Rhea's for a while now, the little darling is living her life to the fullest and sending a message of hope to so many. Rhea's mom is amazing, sweet inspiration.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I love Rhea and follow both her facebook and Instagram. She is SOO cute in all her sweaters, and I love her happy little lovebird chirps! :D

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
That is darling! I am glad people are helping this bare little bird.

I had an old cherry headed conure who only had head and primary feathers. I made a sock sweater for him from little girls valentine socks.

The neighbor boy called my conure the “super sock bird” which was just perfect! The Superman cape reminded me of him.

Most Reactions