Not open for further replies.

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Reach Out and Touch!!

1. Meisha's reach redefined Animal Control. The Dallas Morning News credited Officer Kevin Kimbrell's forward approach with a write-up in the Community Section.
  2. Standing tall, Meisha connected with K-9 Officer Byron Tilton. His partner, a German Shepherd that goes by the name Kobe, was poised on the floor before them. Meisha was considered a Flight Risk!
  3. Meisha and revered Police Chief Ron Davis make a connection exchanging greetings.
  4. Connections were secured with the Municipal Court Administration.

Connecting-with-PD.gif

Entry Classification: Official

Meisha-DMN-3b-of-2-72.png

Entry Classification: Supporting

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Commonly something to do with Wrong Place, Right Time!

Or, someone needed to be 'identified' prior to meeting upper management!

Or, Its a Big White Bird, quick get the cameras!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
This is awesome! How did Meisha come to meet animal control?

Meisha has been popular with the local police for a number of years, holding an open invitation to the department. The popularity originated from officers visiting my business as I support the department with services.

A few worth mentioning:
  • The police chief was in my office and asking about Meisha, where she was. She has a knack for blending motionless. She was five feet away from him on an equipment rack. She lit up hearing her name.
  • I had pulled up to my office, stepped out to find a police cruiser stopped behind me. He said nothing was wrong. He just wanted to see the bird.
  • Meisha will engage clients with a little ball game. She will toss a small ball from the top of her cage and focus on the officer, poised like a bird dog, to see if he will pick it up and give it back to her. When they do. She will toss it again.
The connection with animal control came from police administration with the onset of the Dallas Morning News writing the article. In the wake of Meisha's popularity, they requested she be available. She is photogenic.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Reach Out and Touch!!

1. Meisha's reach redefined Animal Control. The Dallas Morning News credited Officer Kevin Kimbrell's forward approach with a write-up in the Community Section.
  2. Standing tall, Meisha connected with K-9 Officer Byron Tilton. His partner, a German Shepherd that goes by the name Kobe, was poised on the floor before them. Meisha was considered a Flight Risk!
  3. Meisha and revered Police Chief Ron Davis make a connection exchanging greetings.
  4. Connections were secured with the Municipal Court Administration.

Connecting-with-PD.gif

Entry Classification: Official

Meisha-DMN-3b-of-2-72.png

Entry Classification: Supporting

Meisha has been popular with the local police for a number of years, holding an open invitation to the department. The popularity originated from officers visiting my business as I support the department with services.

A few worth mentioning:
  • The police chief was in my office and asking about Meisha, where she was. She has a knack for blending motionless. She was five feet away from him on an equipment rack. She lit up hearing her name.
  • I had pulled up to my office, stepped out to find a police cruiser stopped behind me. He said nothing was wrong. He just wanted to see the bird.
  • Meisha will engage clients with a little ball game. She will toss a small ball from the top of her cage and focus on the officer, poised like a bird dog, to see if he will pick it up and give it back to her. When they do. She will toss it again.
The connection with animal control came from police administration with the onset of the Dallas Morning News writing the article. In the wake of Meisha's popularity, they requested she be available. She is photogenic.

Phenomenal story and outreach all around!!

derekdylan7

Jun 2, 2020
Media
nr Peterborough, UK.
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo
Here is Goffy! ‘Reach out and Touch’ is probably his favourite song. He will nudge you if you forget him or make pathetic begging noises which usually work a treat. Just occasionally he’ll repay the favour by rubbing his head against your cheek or gently preen you with his beak. With that, you forgive all his previous indiscretions, at least for a while!:40:

25871d1614034805-february-2021-potm-contest-378b26e8-47d3-416c-a271-9792fdf01f96.jpeg

Attachments

• 378B26E8-47D3-416C-A271-9792FDF01F96.jpeg
    378B26E8-47D3-416C-A271-9792FDF01F96.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Here is Goffy! ‘Reach out and Touch’ is probably his favourite song. He will nudge you if you forget him or make pathetic begging noises which usually work a treat. Just occasionally he’ll repay the favour by rubbing his head against your cheek or gently preen you with his beak. With that, you forgive all his previous indiscretions, at least for a while!:40:

25871d1614034805-february-2021-potm-contest-378b26e8-47d3-416c-a271-9792fdf01f96.jpeg

Lovely pic of Goffy, very nice feathering!! Oh yes, they know how to work you for a treat!!

sherylb

Jul 21, 2018
Media
Utah
Parrots
Kiwi the Quaker
Jack the IRN
Finley the BF Amazon
Finley trusting me more and more!

25882d1614204764-february-2021-potm-contest-img_6532.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6532.jpg
    IMG_6532.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 208

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

A few worth mentioning:

Meisha is amazing (which means you are as well lol). Awesome photos, vids and stories of her. :)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Less than one full day remains to enter! Contest will close early morning February 26 Pacific Time in the U.S. and poll will be posted. For those of you kind enough to submit multiple images, please ensure the official entry is clearly identified!!

As of now, you've all perfectly captioned and labeled entries as official vs JFF. Thanks very much!!

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Lovely pic:grey: of Goffy, very nice feathering!! Oh yes, they know how to work you for a treat!!

Look at that sweet baby!!!

Dyer1125

Jan 29, 2020
SW Ontario
Parrots
Squiggy, green Quaker
A little late to the party, but here is our entry:

These were taken of Squiggy on his gotcha day last year. In the first one, he had just been given a bath and decided that he needed an nap before heading home. Second and third are of him in his carrier prior to the trip home.

Unfortunatley, we only get to celebrate his gotcha day every four years, as it was on Feb. 29th that he came home. :(

Mods, please adjust orientation, as I am still not able to make the pics stand up straight.

o9d7ajR.jpg

1yTlOmx.jpg

bfKhSCw.jpg

Attachments

• 20200229_120328.jpg
    20200229_120328.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200229_123049.jpg
    20200229_123049.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200229_123028.jpg
    20200229_123028.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 115
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

A little late to the party, but here is our entry:

These were taken of Squiggy on his gotcha day last year. In the first one, he had just been given a bath and decided that he needed an nap before heading home. Second and third are of him in his carrier prior to the trip home.

Unfortunatley, we only get to celebrate his gotcha day every four years, as it was on Feb. 29th that he came home. :(

Mods, please adjust orientation, as I am still not able to make the pics stand up straight.

o9d7ajR.jpg

1yTlOmx.jpg

bfKhSCw.jpg

Lovely images of Squiggy, guess he has 4 lives because of Leap Year?? :)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts