Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Congratulations to the February 2022 POTM Contest Winners
Birds lover from Hawaii and BB

This month's theme was
Member's Choice, and the selected theme for the winning photo is
"Up Close and Personal"
1646143889538.png

Doesn't get much more up close and personal than that!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
CONGRATULATIONS
BIRDS LOVER FROM HAWAII
AND BB!!
congrats.gif

What a striking image of
your beloved boy ❤️

And thanks to everyone
who took part
in this month's contest,
all the entries and
creative themes were awesome!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations Birds lover from Hawaii and BB! The theme you picked with this amazing picture could not have been more perfect:)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Congrats Birds Lover and beautiful BB, I love this pic!
And thanks everyone else who entered.
Or even saw the thread.
Or even just loves their bird/s.

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)
1646177890880.png

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH EVERYONE AND IN PARTICULAR THOSE WHO HAVE VOTED BB!!!!

There has been a wide spread power outage since midnight and we have just got the power back and it's now 1:25 pm in Hawaii. I have been watching closely of the results and have a feeling late last night that BB may possibly be a winner this round.

I thought I should have been so very happy if it is true but I was tossing and turning in bed not able to sleep as all the memories of BB suddenly starting to come back and the tears just falling out uncontrollably. Silly, huh? I should have been shouting in joy and happiness and what on earth I was crying for!

You know my birthday is actually in February so having my beautiful boy winning this contest is the best birthday present I have ever received in my life. Today, I am smiling again which I haven't been for a long time and I thank all of you bringing that smile back on my face again.

I think this should bring me closure and give me peace in my heart finally. I know my BB is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge saying thanks to all the uncles and aunties and of course his Mommy & Daddy for making him to be a STAR shining in the month of his Mommy's birthday.

One last thing to say is Jon is right that there is actually no winner here as all our birds are beautiful and deserved to be loved not just by their parronts but by everyone.

Thanks again folks from bottom of my hearts!
🥰

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
CONGRATULATIONS
BIRDS LOVER FROM HAWAII
AND BB!!
congrats.gif

What a striking image of
your beloved boy ❤️

And thanks to everyone
who took part
in this month's contest,
all the entries and
creative themes were awesome!!

Thank you my friend!! I hope we don't have to wait too long for your adorable Lilly to enter the contest. I am REALLY looking forward to it and you know how much I love that little devil!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you my friend!! I hope we don't have to wait too long for your adorable Lilly to enter the contest. I am REALLY looking forward to it and you know how much I love that little devil!
Thank YOU, my friend! I know how much this win must mean for you, and how bittersweet it was for you too. It was well deserved though as I think the polling showed, BB was a very popular choice and rightly so, such a handsome boy!

As I Mod I don't get to enter the contest, but Lilly does make an appearance in the March competition ...

No reason you can't pop an entry into that contest too! ❤️

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Thank YOU, my friend! I know how much this win must mean for you, and how bittersweet it was for you too. It was well deserved though as I think the polling showed, BB was a very popular choice and rightly so, such a handsome boy!

As I Mod I don't get to enter the contest, but Lilly does make an appearance in the March competition ...

No reason you can't pop an entry into that contest too!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I got it now!

No reason you can't pop an entry into that contest too! Hmmm, let me think about it :unsure:
I hope you do, I would love to hear BB's voice! I'll bet it's just as magnificent as he is handsome ❤️

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
View attachment 36471

There has been a wide spread power outage since midnight and we have just got the power back and it's now 1:25 pm in Hawaii. I have been watching closely of the results and have a feeling late last night that BB may possibly be a winner this round.

I thought I should have been so very happy if it is true but I was tossing and turning in bed not able to sleep as all the memories of BB suddenly starting to come back and the tears just falling out uncontrollably. Silly, huh? I should have been shouting in joy and happiness and what on earth I was crying for!

You know my birthday is actually in February so having my beautiful boy winning this contest is the best birthday present I have ever received in my life. Today, I am smiling again which I haven't been for a long time and I thank all of you bringing that smile back on my face again.

I think this should bring me closure and give me peace in my heart finally. I know my BB is looking down from the Rainbow Bridge saying thanks to all the uncles and aunties and of course his Mommy & Daddy for making him to be a STAR shining in the month of his Mommy's birthday.

One last thing to say is Jon is right that there is actually no winner here as all our birds are beautiful and deserved to be loved not just by their parronts but by everyone.

🥰
After reading this , I was so touched. BB was ment to be honored.
Happy Birthday!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
View attachment 36471

🥰
This truly touched my heart. BB was destined to win this one, what a beautiful tribute to him and a beautiful birthday present for you.
What a special POTM for us all to be a part of.

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
After reading this , I was so touched. BB was ment to be honored.
Happy Birthday!
Thank you so much for saying that, Laurasea!!

I have only been on this forum for a few months but I can see you are one of the many loving, caring and considerate person and parront on earth. I wish you and your flock good health and good luck forever and ever:love:

Most Reactions

Latest posts