Feeding more than one but less than three....

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Hi all. I now have two Indian Ringnecks roughly the same age and both females. One can fly but the other had her wings clipped by the breeder so we are growing them out still.
What I'd like to know is if any of you, who have two birds only and of the same species, feed them in one bowl or do they have their own bowl each and your reasons for whatever it is you do please.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• Missy and Gracie..jpg
    Missy and Gracie..jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 63

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hi all. I now have two Indian Ringnecks roughly the same age and both females. One can fly but the other had her wings clipped by the breeder so we are growing them out still.
What I'd like to know is if any of you, who have two birds only and of the same species, feed them in one bowl or do they have their own bowl each and your reasons for whatever it is you do please.
Many thanks.
Well some birds would be okay with sharing and some wouldn't. My four budgies each have their own bowl because the bully (Grim) won't let the others eat out of her bowl. My mated (but never to breed) two cockatiels share a food bowl but they're okay with it, they don't fight. Also if you do try to have them share monitor their weights to make sure that one isn't hogging all the food. It is probably best to give them each their own bowl.

Most Reactions

Latest posts