Final post unfortunately

PepeLoro/Mango

Sep 2, 2023
Parrots
Fischer's lovebird
Two days ago, my love bird mango escaped, that morning I took her to her outside enclosure, and accidentally left her bowl doors open ( I had refilled them that morning) I then left work, and out of routine I didn't say my goodbyes to her that day, something I regret, if I had I would've noticed the door sooner and prevented her escape. It's early winter and temps drop all the way to 10Β°c at night, my family had noticed that she was missing shortly after I had gone to work but didn't notify me until I had came home 8 hours later, leaving me devastated, and to worsen it they had laughed at my sadness saying it was just a bird, I know the time I spent with her was short, not even a year, but we had such a special bond, and I never cared for something as much as I did for her, she was like my baby.
Unfortunately all I can do now is hope she found someone to take her in, like she had with me. I wish I had some closure in the matter of what happened with her, only worse case scenarios come to my mind and have left me in a depression.
I've heard that sometimes they come back on their own, and have taken steps for her to do so, now I just wait to see, but I have little hope.
If anything happens I'll be sure to update yall.
Thank you all for all the support.

Attachments

• IMG_20231105_155607.jpg
    IMG_20231105_155607.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 23
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Two days ago, my love bird mango escaped, that morning I took her to her outside enclosure, and accidentally left her bowl doors open ( I had refilled them that morning) I then left work, and out of routine I didn't say my goodbyes to her that day, something I regret, if I had I would've noticed the door sooner and prevented her escape. It's early winter and temps drop all the way to 10Β°c at night, my family had noticed that she was missing shortly after I had gone to work but didn't notify me until I had came home 8 hours later, leaving me devastated, and to worsen it they had laughed at my sadness saying it was just a bird, I know the time I spent with her was short, not even a year, but we had such a special bond, and I never cared for something as much as I did for her, she was like my baby.
Unfortunately all I can do now is hope she found someone to take her in, like she had with me. I wish I had some closure in the matter of what happened with her, only worse case scenarios come to my mind and have left me in a depression.
I've heard that sometimes they come back on their own, and have taken steps for her to do so, now I just wait to see, but I have little hope.
If anything happens I'll be sure to update yall.
Thank you all for all the support.
Try your hardest, and don't give up hope. Two days is a VERY short time. I lost my male budgie, Stormy, 1-2 years ago (honestly forgot when), but I got him back due to putting up lots of posters... and due to his own intelligence that told him to fly to the humans.

Contact vets, rescues (Stormy almost got adopted out to someone because we didn't realize he was at a rescue until someone saw the poster and called us), put up posters and actively search if you can. Hope is not a plan, and hoping she will come back on her own will likely not yield results.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Posters in areas where people are , in your neighborhood, like laundrymats, supermarkets, drug stores, liquir stores, etc . Lots n lots of posters and renew them if they get torn down. Do it ASAP! Dont give up!

Most Reactions

Latest posts