Finally found a vet!

CricketIRN

Sep 1, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks green female and blue male
I finally found a vet that would take a look at my ringnecks limp. He prescribed vitamins and antibiotics (tylosin erythromycin+neomycin)tablets that I had to crush and add to the water daily. I was wondering if anyone had their vet prescribe that for a limp?

RedsDad

Sep 10, 2009
Springfield Ma.
Parrots
Red Lord Amazon
I finally found a vet that would take a look at my ringnecks limp. He prescribed vitamins and antibiotics (tylosin erythromycin+neomycin)tablets that I had to crush and add to the water daily. I was wondering if anyone had their vet prescribe that for a limp?
Happy you found a vet for your ring neck. If your happy with him, don't let him et away. It took me 3 years to find a vet for my female Red lord Amazon. Its been around 30 +years and she still doesn't like him he knows her well won't let her play her silly games.

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
was wondering if anyone had their vet prescribe that for a limp?
Did he give you a diagnosis? It sounds a bit odd to prescribe antibiotics to a bird limping, unless there are some obvious infection signs that could cause the limping....I could understand anti-inflammatory medication...but antibiotics?

Please, keep in mind I am not veterinary I am just wondering the same as you...

OP
CricketIRN

CricketIRN

Sep 1, 2021
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks green female and blue male
Did he give you a diagnosis? It sounds a bit odd to prescribe antibiotics to a bird limping, unless there are some obvious infection signs that could cause the limping....I could understand anti-inflammatory medication...but antibiotics?

Please, keep in mind I am not veterinary I am just wondering the same as you...
The antibiotics that he prescribed are anti-inflammatory, I had to check them on the internet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts