Finch and canary lover, new to forum

Celestem

Sep 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Owl Finches - Heloise and Abelard; Waterslager Canary- Spike
Hi everybody - just signed up, and am excited to get to know you all. I've had 2 owl finches for a little more than a year, and a waterslager canary since spring. They're in my living room, in a decent sized Victorian style cage, 27x24. I took out my big screen tv, and placed the birdies in its place. It's the best - now, when friends come over, we never watch movies, instead, we chat with each other, and watch the little winged ones flutter and chirrup.

My one regret is that the birds have to stay in the cage. I know that for hundreds of years, canaries were valued as pets, and would really prefer tame finches and canaries. I especially love the song of the green singer!

OP
C

Celestem

Sep 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Here's a video of Spike listing to Mozart's Queen of the Night Aria, and learning to sing before I put him in with my finches. He's very funny, with a quirky free jazz squeaking. For some reason, the video color is strange when recording with my phone...

[ame=http://youtu.be/3ZCYqb4rn-Y]Spike's 1st attempt to sing - YouTube[/ame]

OP
C

Celestem

Sep 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Also, the li'l finches on my profile picture live with me :)

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
welcome to the forum
I am a avid lover of finches, and canaries, I breed both actually.
I LOVE owl finches, they are amazing looking, but have never owned them :(....maybe one day

OP
C

Celestem

Sep 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Owl finches have the most adorable faces and personality! I hope that one day, Crimson, you will have some in your aviary.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! We love to just sit in our living room and listen to our Canary sing his heart out. They were given to me by a friend that raises them and they were around 3-4 months old when I brought them home. Love them ever since!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts